cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with eBay International Standard Shipping

This program is a bit of a disaster. Shipping times are extraordinarily long (6 weeks east coast to Belgium), the tracking information on eBay is incorrect and not updated, and its easy to be caught between eBay and PayPal (Ok, that can happen in several instances).

My items finally arrived but not until after two buyers opened cases and I had to have many interactions. Both were reasonable--I am not a complainer about buyers--but the were subject to some excess stress.

Things people should note:

--DHL is the carrier via slow boat (not sur really about figure of speech). USPS to US hub, DHL to their overseas hub hand off to local post for last mile delivery.

--You can track on DHL but be sure to use the their ecommerce service not global express or your package will appear to be non existent.

--several tracking numbers may be created in route, including one for the local PO. You can only find these on DHL

--Local PO may not have record of that number until they have physical position ( I had one buyer contact local PO and they said no such number existed but when it finally hit their system bingo it did)

--Best tracking site I have found is https://www.ship24.com/ you can use it for any service and can track the numbers generated by DHL pre-arrival at local PO. If you need to prove delivery in a dispute you may need this as the  tracking in my eBay is not good ( 2 of 3 packages I have used for this service still say the packages have not been delivered whey they have).

--EBay provides no transparency on this really works and their CS on this weak.

--DHL can not really help. eBay, not you, is their customer. When I called DHL. they told me to have eBay call the,--seriously. Also, emailed DHL no response.

Curious what others gave experienced?

--Insurance is $100

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)