cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love & War

Apparently you have to have sold a certain amount of items to have your funds released back to you even though the buyer already paid you the funds. 

What should have cost me $34.06 to ship 4 purchases, I ended up paying $42.40 which is only a difference of $8.34 - however, the inconveniences that stacked are numerous. So inconvenient, that I don't even feel like selling more items today that I had set aside. Here are the list of inconveniences:

1. Had to borrow the funds and endure a conflicting conversation from whom the funds were borrowed from which was disruptive to my mood and damaged my pride

2. Had to create doubt and worry in my buyers by explaining to them that their purchase might be slightly delayed in shipping time because I was not able to access the funds they had paid me

3. Had to make and print my own shipping labels which took my time and the process was tedious because I had to match the item sold with the address being shipped to, also frustrating and tedious

4. Had to wait in line at the post office to have the items paid for instead of just dropping the parcels off in the outgoing slot which also took up my time

5. Had to sit here and write out this message which also took up my time and I am in a very poor mood due to this

eBay fails to recognize that time is money. In a day and age where people value their time and want to accomplish tasks quickly I find this system to be archaic and also hole driving, and this is why I say this: "If the funds won't be released until proof of delivery, that means one is holed into using the carrier that is accepted by eBay. This is how monopolies are made and restricts small businesses from having a chance. What if I had my own carrier? What if I wanted to drive and deliver the parcel myself? What if I chose to use a courier service? What if I had a friend going that way drop it off? What if I decided to use a new postal service in America that was just starting out?" Here is the answer: I would not get my funds. 

I consider this evil and shady business practices and the root cause of why this world is the way that it is. Basically you have these swami of corps raking everything in from the world and people are left to survive with meager incomes from doing ridiculous amounts of work.

This is my overall message for eBay actually, "I like you. I think you are cool. I would not be able to have some of the money and survival I have currently and in the past if it was not for you, however I know you can do better. We have had our back and forth, yes it is true -- but you understand why right? Fair business practice is actually an abstract term when you analyze the spectrum of definition from every factor and angle of perspective. My choice is to try and conduct myself as fairly as I can and I assume you do as well. We all have to have something, correct? In the end, we are both the same actually. We are equals."

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)