cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiffany Sterling Spoon?

Not exactly jewelry, but is this authentic, based on photos? Also any idea of its age? It is pretty tarnished.

Thank you

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Tiffany Sterling Spoon?

Hard to identify the pattern because your photos are so dark, but may be the "Reeded Edge" pattern from 1937.  I have to tell you, though, I have not, after a cursory look, found that exact hallmark on another piece of flatware. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Tiffany Sterling Spoon?

Prefacing that I know nothing about Tiffany flatware I can’t imagine that a relatively obscure vintage pattern would be faked.

I’ll bet that further research will prove it to be authentic.

CYE

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Tiffany Sterling Spoon?

Thank you both. I obviously know nothing about Tiffany Sterling and found this in a mixed bag of cooking implements I bought. It is monogrammed so perhaps a baby christening gift. I will research further.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Tiffany Sterling Spoon?

Hey popup...I found this really quick...is that pattern (Faneuil) similar to yours at all, as the makers mark on yours and that photo seem to be very close. I mentioned in another post about how I would metal detect all the time up until a couple of years ago on the old land I live on, and have found old flatware and silverware if you can believe that in the ground where there used to be an old building nearby from the 1800s. Had to learn so many things about makers marks upon doing research on that which I would find, be it the makers mark on the flatware and silverware, the glass bottles I would find, patterns of shard of glass, and other odds and ends that would happen to have a patent number on it from the old days so that I was able to ID the item...etc. With that being said, I printed out some years ago a whole list of makers marks and the like from the 1800's on up...I might have saved the title and/or site name...if you want, I can try and get that name to you, or if you want to do all this on your own to, I understand perfectly.. You sound inquisitive, don't lose that. So many people just go through life by just walking forward and never noticing what's around them. You are one of those people that notice everything, and that is awesome.

Good luck sister, let us know what you have found on your journey with this id, and again, if you want that site or so, just let me know and I will see if I can find it for you...

spoon info.JPG

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Tiffany Sterling Spoon?

Thank you for the info. I just got a great tip I would like to follow up on. I will also check the silver mark databases online. I know so little about silverware that it never even occurred to me that this very basic looking little spoon actually has a "pattern" LOL!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Tiffany Sterling Spoon?

Hee! 😄 We have ALL been there sister, trust me..!  Totally go for it, one day girl, you'll be the one that everyone will be going to saying: "Popup, I have a makers mark on my silverware, vase, bottle, etc, can you help me id it at all..? " And you'll be responding like " Why yes..that is a *name*/company* from the year or era *time frame/date* and was made in *state/country* and it is *extra info that you know of about that piece*"

You will be the mentor girl, you wait and see. Mark my words! 🙂 Let me/us know when you find anything further popup, I would love to hear all that you will be able to attain about this spoon..good luck lady..keep me posted..! Woo hoo!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Tiffany Sterling Spoon?

So the pattern has been identified (not by me, of course) as Queen Anne and the piece is an iced tea spoon.

Thank you all!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Tiffany Sterling Spoon?

WooHOO! Way to go tapi! 😄 Yeah buddy!!!
Message 9 of 9
latest reply