cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID this vintage Bracelet

I found this bracelet in the green translucite. Can I call it Lucite bracelet from the 50s?

Also I have this necklace but not sure to id this one also.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

ID this vintage Bracelet

I would call the bracelet lucite.

The necklace is made of tumbled and polished semi-precious  stones, possibly tigers eye or agate

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

ID this vintage Bracelet

I respectfully but strongly disagree with both answers. Lucite is a branded trade name and although people use it, it’s reportable as  keyword spam unless you know it’s Lucite.

I don’t know what your bracelet is made of although it appears to be an acrylic (as is Lucite) but may be some other form of plastic. I think using acrylic is safe.

Your beads appear to me to be amber chips but I don’t know if they’re real or synthetic. Amber is not a stone, it’s a tree resin. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

ID this vintage Bracelet

Im not sure on the bracelet, but I agree with the previous poster in the necklace looks to be real amber.

One method to test amber would be to purchase a cheap UV black-light flashlight on ebay (usually 5 bucks or so). Hold your piece  under the black-light in a darkened room and see if it "fluoresces" turns bright green or yellow (watch your eyes, don't look into the UV light).

Also see videos of this on you-tube or google the info 🙂

Good Luck!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply