cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identifying stone pendant

Hi!

Does anyone know what this stone pendant might be? It is set in 14K gold.DSC06829.JPGDSC06827.JPGDSC06828.JPG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Picture Jasper?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I was considering jasper....I'll check it out! Thank you!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Assuming you are looking to sell, AND the chain is also 14K, I would consider selling the chain separately, considering the value of the gold.

If you confirm the stone is indeed 'picture' jasper, the value is often in the 'picture'.  The stone itself, without the 'picture' is not expensive, and  the gold in the bezel may eclipse the value of the stone.

If you can find a picture in it, and play it up, it could be like a turtle Cheeto, or Jesus toast.

You may get more for the pendant in the bezel (even without the picture), than the combined value of the loose stone, plus the gold value of the bezel.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth. 🙂

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yes, I am looking to sell and the chain is 14K. I think you are right about selling the chain separately....thank you for the advice! The bezel is not marked anywhere that I could see, but I tested both the chain and the bezel and they both tested as 14K. I was thinking of taking them to a jeweler to confirm. I will search long and hard for the meaningful picture in the stone!! I really appreciate your help.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@boodlesmom wrote:

Yes, I am looking to sell and the chain is 14K. I think you are right about selling the chain separately....thank you for the advice! The bezel is not marked anywhere that I could see, but I tested both the chain and the bezel and they both tested as 14K. I was thinking of taking them to a jeweler to confirm. I will search long and hard for the meaningful picture in the stone!! I really appreciate your help.

Not to be discouraging, but 14K items are almost always marked.  With the low value of the stone, I was surprised to hear it was set in gold.  That being said, if your jeweler confirms it, you might ask if they want to buy it 🙂 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yeah. I'm concerned about the bezel, but the chain is marked and they both tested for 14K.  I plan to test again, though and take it to a jeweler. I really appreciate your responses....very thoughtful and helpful!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply