cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Identify Mens Watch

This mens watch only says Japan Parts Hong Kong on the dial but the back seems very fancy. Can anyone identify this watch?DSC00058.JPGDSC00059.JPGDSC00060.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Help Identify Mens Watch

Can you get a clearer image of the back @laurabeardsley ?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Help Identify Mens Watch

I can try and by the way it is a wind up

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Help Identify Mens Watch

Clearer pics of the face, back and clasp. There are sometimes separate marks if a different company made the band or closure. So even if we can't i.d. the timepiece itself, the strap may hold clues and indicate value. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Help Identify Mens Watch

The back of that watch should pop off very easily.  Carefully use a knife under an edge and lift in a twisting motion.  If you look carefully, there is usually one edge that has a slot for the blade.

The movement will likely stay in the back case portion.  Don't pry on the dial (face) to get the movement out, but it should shake loose easily.  Place the dial face down in the top case with crystal and bracelet.  Then you can look at or photograph the movement.  There is where the most useful information will be.

When reassembling, carefully work the movement back in the back portion, then it should snap together easily.  A good piece of advice I heard many years ago is to NEVER force anything when working with a watch or camera!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Help Identify Mens Watch

This is probably a Hong Kong watch in the 1970s.

Later, the watch industry of HongKong moved to mainland China.

Hong Kong stopped producing watches after the 1990s.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply