cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's authenticity guarantee

Hi,  I need help.  I recently sold a diamond ring on ebay and it was sent to the GIA authenticity headquarters.  They emailed me and said it didn't pass but gave no reason why other than the color and pictures do not match the listing.  So I called them and they would not give me any information other than to contact eBay which I did.  I never was able to talk to a live person other than a chat room.  How do I find out what they found wrong with the diamond ring s to what the color is graded at and every picture that I took was that ring exactly.  It is very frustrating, I have owned this ring for over 20 years and I never had it certified but went by the appraisal.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@c454ls5 

Yikes, geez it's your photos in the listing, pretty bad. I'm sorry just couldn't find the right way to say it.

I'm sure your ring is real but the authenticator has to know absolutely that what your selling describes what they have in front of them and that means photos as well.

If your looking to upgrade as stated in your description why not ask the jeweler to take your ring on a trade up towards a new ring.

I wish you well, Silver

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Just off hand there are several mistakes in the listing versus the pictures.  You state that there are 8 side baguettes, but the ring listed has 16.  Same with total number of diamonds, you state 9 and there are 17.  You state the cut as excellent in one spot and ideal in another, but no paperwork shows either grading.  The setting style you have listed is "semi mount" but the ring is a full engagement ring.  Best choice would have been solitaire with accents.  And under colored diamond intensity you selected "very light".  Your diamond is not a colored diamond at all so this should have remained blank.  I imagine that is what they hit you with on the color not matching portion.  When it gets back to you, just fix the listing and pay attention to the details.  Most importantly, if you don't know... don't guess.  Anybody who knows what they are buying would have been happy with your listing.  With GIA now involved in authentication, every listing needs to be very diligently written.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply