cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay items never show up in Google searches. Every other place shows up but no Ebay

If you search on Google for any type of jewelry not one result shows up from Ebay even though there are millions of jewelry items listed on Ebay.   Is this something deliberately done on Ebay or Googles part? How is it even possible that nothing shows up.  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ebay items never show up in Google searches. Every other place shows up but no Ebay

I do not know about jewelry specifically, but when I search using google for individual products, I very often see eBay links.

Google's algorithm tends to emphasize pages that have been around for a while and pages that are linked by other popular pages. As a result, many of the eBay pages that Google promotes are older pages for items that have since been sold or have ended.

If you want to see newly listed items, you may be better of searching on eBay directly.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I do not know about jewelry specifically, but when I search using google for individual products, I very often see eBay links.

Google's algorithm tends to emphasize pages that have been around for a while and pages that are linked by other popular pages. As a result, many of the eBay pages that Google promotes are older pages for items that have since been sold or have ended.

If you want to see newly listed items, you may be better of searching on eBay directly.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@eburtonlab. Absolutely agree, OP there's something your not doing correctly. I just googled a particular artist on NA jewelry, the majority that came up was ebay, then Pinterest than Etsy. Like eburton states this is mostly older listings, if you want new fresh ones search on the ebay site directly. Also if you use a particular key word while googling and it's been discussed on the jewelry forum that will also show up.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Lately I've found Gemm.App to be invaluable and so easy to use.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks everyone. I just did a general search,  fashion necklace pendants, ebay does show up towards bottom, this is the first time I have seen an ebay result come up in a long  time. Maybe it was my settings on Google also, who knows. Thanks for replying! 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply