cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early 2000s Costume Cocktail/Statement Ring I.D. Help!

20210716_160013~2.jpg

20210716_160845.jpg

 Hi, all! I am desperately tired of chasing the mark on this ring, I think I've exhausted every site online and I am here to throw a hail Mary. 

It *LOOKS* like a cursive upper case J (or i) and an upper case C or lower case L. 

I bought it at a department store circa 2006-07. I don't remember what I paid, and it was one of two that I got (the other was pink.) I thought maybe Juicy Couture, but it isn't coming up as a mark of theirs. 

Feel free to post links to resource sites, but I am almost certain I've scoured them all. 

Truly appreciate any suggestions on identity AND PRICING. I have no idea what costume jewelry is going for in this style today. 

Cheers for your help and TIA!!

20210716_161041~2.jpg

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@maeday76 

Well guess what! I was right is is Joan Collins! I thought that script was correct with her initials so I started to look around. 

Unfortunately my link is not coming thru but there is a sample on poshmark under Joan Collins steam punk jewelry.

I'll try another link.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@maeday76 

Hun my WiFi is really spotty up here in these woods but I have been looking. I think that is a g.c. At first I thought it was a collection by Joan Collins. So while I travel back home to day I'll continue to assist. Your ring is fun!

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I truly appreciate your help @silverstatetreasureboxes ... and I have since been looking at similar rings...seems the value is all over the place. Some are virtually nothing, while others (think Rubylane and 1stdibs) are going for silly high numbers. If you think its G.C., do you mean that the first letter is lower case? Wouldn't that make the "C" upper case? I am probably not reading you correctly and I can't wait for your future assessment! I'm still looking, too!

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Hello - i just happened to stumble across this post (first time posting on the ebay community boards),  i have a ring with a similar hallmark and i cannot identify it either.  I'll keep looking and let you know!IMG_0102.jpgIMG_0101.jpg

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@livic2392 @silverstatetreasureboxes YEP, THAT'S IT!! Same company!! Do you know what store your ring came from? Or what year its from? That might help us nail it down. Keep looking and I will too. 

So glad you found this post. I was beginning to think I had the only piece of jewelry with this mark!

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I actually acquired this piece from an estate sale collection, however other pieces in the collection were from the 90's - early 2000's.  I saw a couple of pieces for sale on posh with the same JC hallmark and both were noted as JOAN COLLINS however when I research her other pieces they do not have the same hallmark.  So, either it really is Joan Collins or the others misstated/assumed the maker.  The mystery continues, I'll keep on looking! 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@maeday76 

Well guess what! I was right is is Joan Collins! I thought that script was correct with her initials so I started to look around. 

Unfortunately my link is not coming thru but there is a sample on poshmark under Joan Collins steam punk jewelry.

I'll try another link.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Ok I have tried 5 times to add the poshmark link with no avail. Joan Collins has signed her costume jewelry with either full blown signature or jc in script. ( apparently it's called the jc line)

But on poshmark there is a perfect example of your MM on a necklace referred to as Joan Collins steam punk snake chain necklace. Silver

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@silverstatetreasureboxes YOU ARE A ☆☆STAAAAR☆☆  Can't tell you how much I appreciate your help and knowledge!!!! Its not that the piece is worth that much (probably) but it's the pure frustration of having a legible, intact mark and NOT BEING ABLE TO FIND IT ANYWHERE that was killing me. 

I bow before you. 

Hope I can someday return the favor. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@livic2392 , did you see that @silverstatetreasureboxes  has solved the mystery?! How rad is that????? Give her some props! And congrats on your Joan Collins ring!

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@maeday76 

I appreciate the kuddos, Joan Collins is the epitome of glamour and she loves her own costume jewelry as well!

Both of you girls rings are very fun and brilliant and I would wear them!

Best to both of you! Silver

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@silverstatetreasureboxes - a huge THANK YOU for confirming the JC ring!  Appreciate you taking the time to research and respond.

You're both awesome, so glad i found this board -- I have  few other pieces with hallmarks I can't identify, will keep you in mind when i get a chance to dig them out! 

Stay healthy and safe!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@livic2392 

Gosh you two girls just warmed my heart! Please post your jewelry for us to view, I also have friends here that have good eyes! Glad I arrived back home in the West where I have WiFi. I was up in the woods in Michigan and couldn't get good coverage at all.

Please don't be a stranger here, you both are very sweet! Silver

Message 14 of 14
latest reply