cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer hasn't paid; how long before I can cancel?

Conflicting information on seller hub.  The written instructions say I can cancel an order 5 days after a buyer hasn't paid...but when setting up the automatic cancellation, it offers a 4 days option.  So, I set it up to cancel a transaction to automatically cancel an order and relist the item if a buyer hasn't paid in 4 days.  Am I good?

I never encountered a buyer still struggling to pay three days after purchasing, and in fact volunteering that he is "working on getting the payment together".

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

When you use automation, it cancels after 4 days (96 hours).

When you cancel manually, you can cancel after 4 full days - starting midnight on the 5th day (unless eBay changed it, that was the last official word from an eBay rep on this forum).

If the buyer committed to the purchase before you set up the automation rules, you still have to manually cancel the transaction for non-payment. Automation rules affect transactions go-forward, not ones that were already awaiting payment when you set up the rules.

Do not send an invoice; that can reset the clock.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

When you use automation, it cancels after 4 days (96 hours).

When you cancel manually, you can cancel after 4 full days - starting midnight on the 5th day (unless eBay changed it, that was the last official word from an eBay rep on this forum).

If the buyer committed to the purchase before you set up the automation rules, you still have to manually cancel the transaction for non-payment. Automation rules affect transactions go-forward, not ones that were already awaiting payment when you set up the rules.

Do not send an invoice; that can reset the clock.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply