cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunds and Returns

Ok so, I recently sold a $350.00 HERMES BANGLE BRACELET. This guy kept low balling me but we then finally settled on $315. I shipped it same day. Keep in mind he had been asking questions and inquiring about the piece for 3 days. The next morning, at 5am he sends me a message that he found another bracelet that was better than mine and more expensive. Whatever right? He told me either I agree to  cancellation or he would just refuse the package, bracelet once it arrives. I thought ok well first of all I already shipped so I’m not canceling and then I told him if he wants to return it that he needs to go through the appropriate way and file a return once he gets the bracelet. He tells me several times not to worry he has done this before. I persisted to tell him No, I wasn’t gonna stand for that. That if my bracelet was not return in the new condition it was sent in he would pay. He was getting on my last nerve telling me he lost the shipping fee and that I could resist my bracelet. I had lots and I do mean lots of People interested the day he kept low balling me on it. I should have never accepted it. I really didn’t want to. Now finally he says he will file a return but I been inquiring about this and I see where eBay might not even return to me the $52 whopping dollars they took from me as selling fees. How can they do that. This is so wrong and does anyone know how I could talk to someone at eBay? All I get is this automatic message thing that says it can help but it’s a freaking machine and doesn’t answer anything as far as I’m concerned. I fill like this guy is a scammer of some kind and I want to make him keep this bracelet and pay so bad. Something definitely isn’t right. Please send me your thoughts. I at least want to make sure I get my sellers fees back after all I did everything right in the sell. How would you handle this?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Refunds and Returns

You have to understand this platform has a money back guarantee for all buyers. Your buyer can and will return your bracelet whether you want it or not. You cannot force a buyer to pay or to keep an item they don't want. Always best to keep your buyer happy and on your side as they have the upper hand. 

If you follow the policies for a return, you will be refunded for your fees, minus the .30 cent fee. Get the bracelet back, refund your buyer in full and relist it. Had the buyer refused the package it would have been shipped back to you and then the buyer would have lost their money back guarantee. Best of luck to you....

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Refunds and Returns

Unfortunately, these are the worst kind of customers cheap buyers who demand world class service and will shop you even though they have purchased from you and not care about your time or money . 

Unfortunately on this platform like the  first person said eBay gives anyone a 100 percent money back guarantee. You can't force anyone to keep something . 

Do yourself a favor don't respond to anymore of his emails and don't issue a refund until item is returned and inspected by you. If you follow the rules you will get all your money back minus the 30 cent listing fee. 

At this point it is on the buyer to follow the return policy not your responsibility to guide him an how to do this. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Refunds and Returns

In the future, if you get one of these dimwits, you can file an Intercept with the USPS on some packages.  It costs money, but the package gets returned to you and you can then issue the refund.   It costs about $15, but it's cheaper than some Yahoo filing a chargeback and keeping both your money and your bracelet and the credit card company charging you $20 for the privilege.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Refunds and Returns

Accept the return.  Be gracious, and get your item back perfectly intact, maybe minus the $52, but still better than losing all.

Reject the return, and possibly lose the item and all monies.  Or receive a damaged worthless item back if you made the buyer mad.

Your choice, just the way it works.  You didn't do anything wrong, but protect yourself from further loss and get the bracelet back.  Do not threaten or intimidate your buyer.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Refunds and Returns

@to-89849 wrote:

Now finally he says he will file a return but I been inquiring about this and I see where eBay might not even return to me the $52 whopping dollars they took from me as selling fees. How can they do that. 

Unless you've already denied the return (assuming the buyer opened a request), you won't lose the FVF if you voluntarily accept the return and issue a refund upon receipt. 

If he opens a request for "changed mind," you do have the option of rejecting the request but even then,  I wouldn't do it. For that type of return (remorse), the buyer pays return shipping and if you charged separately for shipping, you are allowed to keep the original shipping. So the refund would be for the item price only.

If the return request is for NAD, whether true or not, you must accept, pay return shipping and issue a full refund. 

Either way, you'd have the item back and can resell. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Refunds and Returns

A buyer who sends me multiple messages over 3 days is a buyer I block.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply