cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what's with usps priority shipping times lately

Usually my packages sent priority arrive at their destination in 2 days. 

Well I don't know what's up with them now. Slow. They just sit in places for long time according to tracking updates.

I don't know how long international priority is supposed to be to Canada but the package sat it one place in Florida for 5 days before it moved to Miami. Now what's up with that? 

Now it's sitting in New York a couple of days. Geeeesh.

Nothing is impossible for God.
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Ok well I checked USPS website. Priority flat rate supposed to arrive at international destination in 6-10 days. It was mailed Nov 4 th. So they are not delivering on time. Hmmmm....

Hope the person doesn't get upset.

This is annoying.

I'm always anxious to get what I bought. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I think they stopped guaranteeing any delivery times for priority mail a while ago Smiley Mad

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I see what you mean.  Just got this 5 minutes ago from a buyer:  "I never got the pin till the 14th.... even though tracking said that it was delivered on the 8th.... so I went to the post office on Wed. I got the pin on Fri. The address was correct. Somehow it was lost for a week. Not your fault, it was the post office, that's why I hadn't left feedback yet."  She then proceeded to leave me great feedback.  There are still some good buyers left in this world Smiley Happy.  Hope yours turns out as well!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Oh, all the fine print. The delivery times on international doesn't apply to small boxes. Hmmm

But it has estimated delivery date of November 20th which I doubt will happen.

Now the other package that's domestic and the times should apply. Nothing in fine print saying it doesn't. Was shipped out Nov 13th with estimated delivery date November 18th. Does Saturday count as a business day or not? 

Now just another vent,,,,,why advertise delivery within a certain timeframe but don't guarantee it.

Seems like false advertisement.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

USPS Priority actually goes the same route as First Class, no difference in how it travels and I have had FC get to a buyer before Priority.

I never use Priority unless it's cheaper to ship heavy or multiple items in an a Flat Rate Box.

With jewelry, First Class is just as fast, if not faster.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

So first class would be less. Is there extra for tracking.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I do what Cali does and send the majority of my packages via First Class.  That's the beauty of jewelry and bubble envelopes Smiley Happy.  Yes, you do get free D/C with First Class and you can also purchase insurance.  The package the buyer wrote me about was sent First Class, though, so I guess they're slow across the board.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Tracking is free with online purchase and printing labels. I buy bubblewrap and bubble envelopes in bulk or from the Dollar Store and I buy the small plastic covered containers (10 to a $1 package) from the Dollar Store. They are perfect for smaller items.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I bid on and won a pair of pants on the 6th...paid for them first thing on friday am, the 7th. Get a message from seller, she's out of town and will mail on monday. No big deal they are just work pants I don't need them right now anway. (hard to find grey cords in my size...that actually fit, since I've had this brand before I know they'll fit! LMAO).

Anway, check tracking on monday, nubmer is there but USPS says nothing but number's been uploaded and all that jazz.

Kept checking everyday last week and no updates. W T H i'm thinking, this is odd. 

Check today, and suddenly there are 7 days worth of updates, all at once! And I should get them tormorrow.

USPS is weird around christmas time! LOL

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

This is the message I get today when I check on an item I mailed on the 13th.Smiley Surprised

Delivered

Nov-13-14, 11:54 AM, MILFORD, MA 01757

Acceptance

Nov-13-14, 11:53 AM, MILFORD, MA 01757

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Calico, that's bizarre!

My Canadian shipment has cleared customs! 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

USPS Priority does have the advantage of included $50 insurance.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply