cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thoughts on buyers with 0 stars (reviews)

I've been also selling horse equipment for my barn and I have 2 older saddles with buyers that  have 0 stars.  One just signed on to ebay.  Both auctions end today.  Wondering if this board has had any experience with buyers that don't have any reviews.  Guess I am just worrying and hoping they end by paying.  Both are located in USA.   Last week I had a saddle pad that a buyer won and then canceled saying her child got a hold of her account and put the bid in.  Thought that was strange but agree to cancel so right now with both saddles with bids from buyers that don't have any stars -    Hoping for the best.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I have had only one issue with a zero FB buyer. It was a non pay.

I have had a few issues with multiple FB buyers, and even buyers who were also sellers. We all started with zero. I think it will go fine. I get zeros every so often and it’s never a problem. 

Good luck.😋

Diane

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I agree with Diane..we all began with 0 fb..  Unfortunately..it`s a chance we take when selling.  I`m sure the majority of zero FB sales turn out just fine

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Have had 2. One was fine the other was a non pay.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Like everyone else, you have a 50-50 chance of payment. I have had people with a lot of feedback be nonpayments and 0 stars pay quickly. So give them a chance.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I have had plenty of zero feedback buyers and most are just fine.   Some are not.  My problems with them usually does not come in the form of non payment.  It’s more of they don’t understand the feedback system.  Also they don’t read all the info in your listing,  like how many days you have to ship,  etc.  Just make sure to give amazing service.  Maybe go a little above the norm.  

I think there are a lot of new to eBay sign ups right now during this time because of the boredom we are all experiencing.  I’ve just recently sold to several with below 10 feedbacks and everything has been smooth sailing.  

Just yesterday I had a zero feedback buy an expensive T shirt and message me that for some reason the payment wouldn’t go through.  They said they had purchased the night before as a guest with no problems.  They asked me to cancel the sale and said they would purchase as a guest.  Which I did,  but haven’t sold the item.   Sigh

I guess it could go either way,  but as many have stated,  so could selling to someone with 1000 feedbacks.  Let us know how it goes. 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I have had DOZENS of folks join Ebay SPECIFICALLY to buy what I was selling.  Many went on to be repeat buyers too.  Just follow the rules Ebay has put down for safety and you'll be fine.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Same here. I have had people who made purchases the day they joined. It’s a good thing  . That has to mean that eBay has to be getting recommendations.

I opened an eBay account to buy a Burberry jacket that was too expensive in the store.

Diane

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I have had a few 0 feedback buyers over the years, and once had one not pay. Honestly, if that is the worst to come of it, it's really not that bad! I would much rather have someone not pay than have to deal with returns, bad feedback, or any number of other problems that can be had selling on ebay. I think it will be fine, and wish you the best of luck on the sales!!

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

My experience with low feedback buyers is that if they don't pay it is usually for a really inexpensive item.  I don't know why.  I have never been stung.  Good luck!

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and comments.  On the 2 saddles that I just sold - one person has paid and I'm getting ready to ship.  The other buyer not yet but the listing just ended last night.  So they have several days yet to pay.  I just was really worried about a 0 rating buyer.  Thanks again.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Rest of the story - both sold and paid.  Now I get to hand out their first star rating.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Yay!

First part went well.  Let us know if they leave you feedback or anything else comes up.  

Message 13 of 13
latest reply