cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shell earrings detail

Good Evening,  another pair of screw backs, the center piece is cut shell, it is surrounded by tiny little, somethings...pastel colored teardrops and dried, somethings. Is the only natural substance the shell? ( and tiny shells in front that are easily identifiable) These would be listed as shell earrings? That really doesn't sound appealing, shell and what? I have not listed much jewelry in the past, but I am enjoying all of the schooling immensely, as it usually happens, two other posters with questions had them answered very quickly, I of course happened to have similar pieces in my mystery pile, mysteries no more! Thank You again for your willingness to help and educate, V76IMG_6098.JPGIMG_6096.JPGIMG_6102.JPGIMG_6100.JPG

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

shell earrings detail

I think the things you are describing are supposed to be stamens and the whole earring is  interpretation of  a flower.  Hard to tell for sure, but they appear to be made almost like the cotton pearls - kind of a painted Q-tip.  I would describe them as hand-made.  Women   bought supplies or kits and produced them as a cottage industry.

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

shell earrings detail

Ah, ok. The Qtip description is absolutely on, exactly what they look like, looking for confirmation on not from nature, ( but wouldn't that be something..) yet another tidbit of information for my mental notebook, Thank You, V76

Message 3 of 3
latest reply