cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Indian" Corn

I don't want to offend anyone but since when can we now not call multi colored corn - Indian Corn?  I just listed a small beaded corn pin and could not put in the title "Indian" corn.  Even changed the catalogy to non-American and still would not let me.  So changed the title and did not put the word "Indian" in.  Is this a wrong thing now?  What do we call this corn now?????IMG_2543.JPG

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

"Indian" Corn

What a cool pin!!! Does not seem fair, that now a traditionally known term can't be used - a familiar phrase? What type of message did you receive? Did it reference a policy?

"Free" shipping is like "free" kittens. Ain't no such thing.
eBay buyer and seller since January, 1998 - Former member of the "Answer Center Irregulars"....In memory of flowerpot.4
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

"Indian" Corn

Wow , I have never thought of it as a deragatory term . Seems to me that corn was first grown as a crop by Native American's and this is where the term started . I guess in this world of political correctness we are renaming lots of things . I wonder if Indian summer is also wrong now ? I'm going to google about it now and see what I can find . Very interesting . 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

"Indian" Corn

Maybe it's a category thing because: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1311.R1.TR4.TRC1.A0.H1.XIndian+Corn+.TRS0&_nk...

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

"Indian" Corn

I googled and maybe the title should read?

"Indigenous Peoples Ornamental Flint Maize Corn Pin"

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

"Indian" Corn

That's a really cute pin, dins!  I like it a lot!  It's a good thing it's not "ivory" colored or you'd really be in deep doo with ebay!  Smiley Very Happy

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

"Indian" Corn

@old.crows.nest That is a mouthful lol
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

"Indian" Corn

That's a head scratcher as I see a lot of  items listed on ebay using "Indian corn" in the title.

Some listings in jewelry too.

Search "Native Amer Beaded Indian Corn Earrings"

TEX
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

"Indian" Corn

Is the husk made of real husk? I really want to try to make one of these. It is the most wonderful use of leftover beads I have ever seen. I just love it.

"Free" shipping is like "free" kittens. Ain't no such thing.
eBay buyer and seller since January, 1998 - Former member of the "Answer Center Irregulars"....In memory of flowerpot.4
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

"Indian" Corn

I do want to list it in the correct place.  When I tried this morning to list it I gave up on putting "indian" in the title.  Also - Yes i did list a bangle and made sure I listed it as cream color and not irovy.  Learned that from this board.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

"Indian" Corn

Answer on the husk - feels like the real thing.  

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

"Indian" Corn

LOL. I agree wholeheartedly! 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply