cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you consider this a married demi-parure?

The bicolor stone in the Original by Robert brooch is a deep blue and purple.  The bicolor stone in the Robert earrings is purple and more of an aqua blue color.  

Do you think the pieces are close enough to be considered a married demi-parure?   

Also, to have a married parure, would I need another Robert piece similar to these?  Or could I have a married parure using a similar piece by an unknown designer?  I have a ring that is similar to the brooch and earrings, but I have no clue who made it.

Opinions are greatly appreciated!

010.JPG

purple blue cocktail ring.JPG

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

From your pics..it looks like a married set to me..I see several differences.

Look inside your ring good..lots of US  ring mfgs back in the day were located in East Providence & used  symbols as their markings. 

A capital V would be Vargas... a U with an arrow thru it is Uncas..  AR would be American Ring..there was also Scola  but I forget their marking.  These are just a few I remember from our days of selling rings back in the 80`s  

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I agree with Sarah.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@rose-jac wrote: 

Also, to have a married parure, would I need another Robert piece similar to these?  Or could I have a married parure using a similar piece by an unknown designer?  I have a ring that is similar to the brooch and earrings, but I have no clue who made it.

Opinions are greatly appreciated!

The answer is No to the first question, and Yes to the second. The pieces in a married set or married parure were not originally made together as part of a matching set or ensemble, but look good together due to complimenting designs and/or components, so are worn as a set. A married set or parure can have any combination of unsigned or signed pieces. It doesn't matter whether one or more than one designer is represented. 

I think your pieces are a gorgeous married set. In fact, I wonder if the Robert brooch and earrings were made as a set with intentional variations in color and placement of rhinestones. The designs seem to match so well. The ring is a beautiful compliment.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply