cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you consider this Victorian or Antique

I have this goldstone mico mosaic brooch... once again I have been confused as there doesn't seem to be consistancy in what I am finding.  So, I thought I would come ask the people in the know 🙂

DSC05227.JPG

DSC05230.JPG

DSC05260.JPG

DSC05245.JPG

🙂 thank you for looking and sharing your knowledge

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

ONC, let me know if these work for you..I took LOTS so no problem proving more

Side view of clastSide view of clast

Top Bac ViewTop Bac View

Top View ClaspTop View Clasp

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Dang, I didn't see the missing tiny leaf on the front 😞

Thank you for the new pictures. Is definitely a rollover clasp. Somewhere around here I have the other type, kind of pivots on a tiny hinge, weird mechanism.
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

There is a shop in portland that repairs vintage and costume jewelry.  I called them after I posted the picture, they asked I email them a pic, which I did.  They called me and told me they could repair it with no problem, a simple fix and the repair would not be noticable from the front.  

So now my question is, IF the metal test as gold, would you have it repaired or sell as is?  Of course if I do have it fixed, that would be noted in the listing.  If it's not gold, I think I won't  bother with the repair.  What'cha think?

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

They still make these and sell them to the tourists in Italy.  I have repaired and resold many over the years.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

I think I would check solds. I think the antique ones can go for big bucks. I even saw one with a cracked stone that sold on a different site. If it is gold way better. If not, if the repair can be done without damaging the glass and is inexpensive enough to still fit into prices realized might be okay, other wise sell as is. Someone might just repurpose stone and put in new (gold) setting.
Message 20 of 26
latest reply

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO much for your help

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

@betjohston_0 wrote:

Yes, individual iddy bitty pieces

aka Micromosaics (to distinguish from regular size mosaics used in walls and floors).

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@rixstuff wrote:

@betjohston_0 wrote:

Yes, individual iddy bitty pieces

aka Micromosaics (to distinguish from regular size mosaics used in walls and floors).

That makes more sense than "iddy biddy"  LOL 

I always learn something here

thank you 

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

I think the 1930s based off style and materials is a pretty close to the date of this piece.  That would make it vintage.  20+ years  = vintage and 100+ years = antique, unless there has been another term change since the last time I really looked.  Pretty piece.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 24 of 26
latest reply

Seems to me "itty bitty" is the perfect term 🙂

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

@thirry wrote:

Seems to me "itty bitty" is the perfect term 🙂

LOL  iddy bitty...  must be my southern drawl spelling.  I'll  make sure NOT to do that when I list it

flippin_treasures - Thank you for the information.   

Message 26 of 26
latest reply