cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekend bling and finds thread

My visitors are still here so not that much hunting for me this week, but went out yesterday and did a bit of buying.

Here's a nice old Mexican bracelet I bought. It has a very distinct maker's mark (VCA) and eagle 19 mark, but I can't find any info about the maker. Oh well, par for the course with a lot of Mexican silver.

005.JPG

Here are a few non-jewelry items I scored at a sale yesterday. Maybe the most unusual sale I've ever been to. THOUSANDS of items jammed into a house, being sold by the family. When I say thousands I am not exaggerating. I must have seen 40 Victorian silverplate pickle jars, for example, and maybe 200 cat figurines, this lady was a collector/hoarder ...but the house is immaculate and everything is spotless.

I am going back there this AM, but this is what I got for $30 yesterday. (No jewelry, unfortunately) -  portrait of the lady (need to research), a carved Indian  ivory figurine, tall sterling compote and a Bavarian hat pin holder (?)

003.JPG

Hope we all have wonderful finds today and please post them here, and if you don't, feel free to post some oldies to share!

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Cleio, I have a soft spot for those Victorian watch slides.  What a great Lea Stein brooch that is .. really nice finds, as always.

Sandy, never heard of plume agate, so I've learned something today. Really attractive. Not sure about the ivory carving ....here's a pic of the bottom of the piece, I'm thinking elephant ivory based on the criss crossed lines.

049.JPG

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Sarah, love the pearl starburst and striped kitty.

No knick knacks? Smiley Sad

TEX
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@ Arlene -  looks like elephant ivory to me.  http://www.fws.gov/lab/ivory_natural.php  - US Fish and Wildlife Service's CITES guide for identifying ivory.  

101_0088.JPG

Some of my stuff from this weekend.  Ebony and GF earrings, Tigereye pendant, Israeli tiger eye ring, orange agate pendant, Popescu-wannabe butterfly.  It's old enough but the back's all wrong.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Nice Item looks like a setting that is also used for diamonds. Great travel jewellery Huh!. Charm
Charm Affair or Charm
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Nice cultured pearl ring, there are many people who have produced good cultured pearl jewellery besides Mikimoto. Charm

Charm Affair or Charm
Message 20 of 20
latest reply