cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCJ Christmas tree art

While my husband and I were out this past weekend at garage and estate sales I bought this. I just really couldn't pass it it up for the price. This was bought at an estate sale that had been going on for a day or 2 already and when we got there it was late in the day. I did not seek it out, but once I saw it I was mezmorized. I initially thought I "Oh man, look at all the pretty stuff stuck on there, that is sad". Then I thought "well if all those items were already damaged  or mismatched, that is a good use."   I love Christmas. Then add the shiney stuff! How could I not buy it? 

I was initially thinking of reselling it, now I am just thinking of my super blingy Christmas tree and where I should hang it this Christmas.

I do not know if any VCJ was hurt in the making of this project and honestly I do have very mixed feelings on items like this. In this case, the damage was already done and by the looks of it it was done in the late 70's or early 80's (judging by the label with the makers name). It may as well be with someone who likes it right? 🙂  The frame is kind of ugly, so I may replace it. 

I just wanted to share it here. I know when I see jewelry boquets I cringe and art made from VCJ. So I know all the potential feelings and thoughts an item like this can evoke. I do love Christmas and rhinestones though!

2015-03-31 20.27.16.jpg

2015-03-31 20.26.47.jpg2015-03-31 20.27.02.jpg

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

VCJ Christmas tree art

Very pretty 🙂

The colored lights sure add to the effect.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

VCJ Christmas tree art

That is beautiful!!!!  I would hold on to it, also!!  Too pretty to give up.

How big is it?

Thanks for sharing...  JudySmiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

VCJ Christmas tree art

Very cool.  

I bought one of these a couple of years back.  My grand daughter and I worked on replacing the missing stones for a couple of days.  We had a ball.  Once we were done she asked "grandma are you going to sell this" from the look on her face I knew I couldn't.  So we found a place to hang it so we could have Christmas all year long.  

Keep it and enjoy it.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

VCJ Christmas tree art

Very pretty . Yours in unique in the sense that it lights up . I love the lights . Very intricate so it was most likely made by a Joolie of mismatched and broken pieces , and like you said the damage was already done . I would have bought it too. So feel free to enjoy it , guilt free !
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

VCJ Christmas tree art

The actual tree is about 18" x 13". The Frame is 26" x  23".

Thanks all 🙂 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

VCJ Christmas tree art

Good size, too. I love it!!!!
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

VCJ Christmas tree art

so purdy! Wow
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

VCJ Christmas tree art

That's one of the nicest jeweled Christmas trees I've seen, Lori.  Definitely a keeper.  I was going to decorate my little tree this past Christmas with clip-on earrings but never got around to it.  Maybe next Christmas Smiley Happy.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

VCJ Christmas tree art

P9150001.JPG

P9150003.JPG

This is mine.  It is in a frame that is 24 x 19 1/2 inches.  The little round bulbs has LED lights attached from the back.  I truly enjoy this all year round.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

VCJ Christmas tree art

I would too, Sandy.  That's a beautiful piece of jewel art.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

VCJ Christmas tree art

Your lights are much brighter! That is a super nice tree Sandy and with you having your grand daughter helping, that makes it extra special. 🙂  

My husband really is Mr. Bah Humbug. Has no love or joy for Christmas. I do not understand this. He doesn't exactly hate it, he just does not understand. I kind of really love it though.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply