cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual not-quite screw back earrings. Any ideas where/when made ?

Hi Everyone ! I haven't been around lately, been getting ready to move and packing.

I've had a lot of earrings pass through my hands over the years but I have never seen a pair of clip or screw backs like these.
The backs don't screw to open or close and they aren't hinged, you push on the textured 'lever' to loosen the tension along the post to allow it to slide open and closed.
These are only marked '1/2012K GF' for gold filled.
What really surprised me is that the clear stones are diamonds, nicely faceted and bright with large tables and I'm not sure if the center stone is coral or carnelian.
Anyone seen earring backs like this before ?

clips1.jpg
clips3.jpg
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hello Calico , 

I was wondering what you have been up to . Busy , busy bee . Aren't you about to be a grandma ? Or maybe recently became a grandma ? Sorry for my spaciness . I thought that is what you were busy with . Good luck with your move , hope everything goes well for you . 

Now to answer your question . I have never ever seen any earring backs like this either . I'm not even sure if I quite understand how they work . I will have to go back and study them . Ha ! Oh OK now I see the tension and where you could squeeze them . I would think you are correct on the carnelian or coral as well . 

Sorry I couldn't be of any help today . Hopefully someone a little more helpful will be by soon . 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hiya Mermaid *waves*. You're right, been very busy. My daughter will make me a grandmother in approx. 10 weeks, due early May. I have a baby shower in the works and a move for April 1 so time is scarce.

Grandbaby is a boy, to be named Jameson Ray (after the Daddy's father). Can't wait !

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

👶🏻🛍   I never get to use these . 

👶🏻🍼  Grandma 

😎  I'm so excited for you .

Mermaid 🐳

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Waves at Cali.  I don't envy you the move.  The new grandson though is a great thing.

I have never seen earring backs like these either.  Wondering if they might not be European?

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hi Sandy ! Yes, first time Grandmom here, very excited !

I was thinking possibly European, maybe Italy, especially if the stones are coral ?

I've never seen these before, not sure what to call them for a search term.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hey, busy girl!  I'll bet you're just about to burst waiting for the Grandbaby Smiley Happy.  Hope the move goes smoothly.  I really like those earrings.  They have a nice, quality look.  Never saw those kinds of backs before.  Very nice pair of earrings!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 7 of 7
latest reply