cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two observations...?

1. It's a sad day when you get a message through the Ebay system and you're happy it's just your monthly invoice and not something worse.

2. The stuff that's been selling out of my store lately has been stuff that's been sitting for months.  A lot of it's been headed out of the country.  I'm not complaining, mind!  A few people bought multiples with no pattern to them at all, and again the stuff that's been sitting.

Just wondering if anyone else has been seeing the same thing.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Two observations...?

Amen on number one. As far as number two, sales have spiked a little and yes, things that have been on a while.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Two observations...?

I chalk lower sales up to summer vacations & activities..now right on it`s heels back to school is upon us..has been this way every year..just have to bear with it I guess!  

But great on moving out some old merchandise! 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Two observations...?

Totally agree with both statements

1) I just got an e-mail thisa morning from a buyer (who's also a seller) looking for a "discount" saying that 1 of the bakelite bangles I sold is warped?? She even put a question mark after the word warpped in the e-mail.

I said return for a 1/3rd refund, she can keep the 2 she likes.

She said it will then cost me for shipping if she files for a refund (SNAD???)

2) Sold 4 items on Tues-3 were to the U.K. and 1 to the U.S.

I thought that perhaps Tues was some kind of holiday in the U.K and people were shopping/off from work?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Two observations...?

Hmmm...that kinda sounded like a veiled threat...on the return shipping.  In other words "If I file a SNAD.. you`re gonna have to pay the return shipping then  (so may as well let me keep it & give me a partial)"   Is what it sounds like to me

Why should she have to 'file anything"?   You have already told her you`d refund upon receipt of item

Bummer..sorry ya have to deal with it

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Two observations...?

Agreed Sarah-

I basically said so in my reply to her. I'm just waiting for her reply-I asked her what was her requested "discount".

I think once she gets back to me I'll call E-Bay and have them read the messages......

for whatever that's worth.

Anyhow back to item 2-just sold another item to the U.K. so out of my last 5 sales, 4 are going to the U.K.

Kind of weird, little to no sales in the U.S.-all overseas, all to the U.K.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Two observations...?

I too have seen a few things that have been sitting for a couple of months sell finally . 

I agree with Sarah , summer is usually slow and we are starting to come out of it . 

Also I don't know if you received the latest free re-list and new list offer ? I took advantage and every time I have more listings , I sell more . I always look at what else a seller I buy from is offering . Just another thought . 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Two observations...?

I've been selling a few items that i reslisted.  Also waiting for a package to be returned for a refund.  The buyer siad the necklace was damaged.  I offer refunds so not upset about the return but wondering about the what kind of damage it has.  Guess I have to wait and see.  Happy I am selling a few items.   

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Two observations...?

Meanwhile, my necklace returning buyer never returned the necklace that had me in a panic attack about a month back.  It aged out of the system.  Dodged a bullet there, I think.  

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Two observations...?

My sales have been light to nothing.  Not a lot of luck finding much at estate or garage sales.  I'm looking forward to September.  I will relist some pieces next month I thought would definitely sell these past few months but they did not sell nor did they have any interest.  I don't ship outside of USA so I'm sure I'm limiting my options.  I do love seeing others have success.  It sure brightens up my day and gives me hope.  Love this forum.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Two observations...?

Agree with #1, I cringe every time I see that I have a message. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Two observations...?

I cringe harder when my mother thinks she's doing me a favor by cleaning out some of the deadwood.  This afternoon she cleaned some live auctions into a large trash bag...and put them in the trash. Thank you God nothing got damaged and trash doesn't go out again until next Thursday.  I'm ashamed to say my temper blew a bit.  Yes, I need to clean out, but for pete's sake ask first. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Two observations...?

Yikes!! Good thing nothing broke whew
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 13 of 13
latest reply