cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trifari question

I can not look at one more page of Trifari gold tone jewelry...so I’m here to ask...does anyone know if this set has a name? I came across a similar style that they called “Sahara” but this doesn’t seem quite the same. These look like twisted cactus or nuggets. Also, do the striated beads have a particular name? I was trying to get a date on the marks on the IJ site and if I’m reading it right, the hang tag (on the necklace) wasn’t used till 1954 but after 1955 a copyright mark should be on the findings. No crown on the necklace finding either, weird.  Small window of time for the marks on my three items, lol. What do you all think? 
108A73EA-0D94-4A05-AC3E-A79FC09FFBD5.jpegC7C80863-42BF-4602-94BF-6AC7C3B2EF04.jpegF0BC0ADA-58DD-4F1C-9A18-B12CC3507AEB.jpeg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Trifari question

Finally...only took about 10 tries to be able to post!  LOL

Found this

Found one like yours (elsewhere) in black..might help with description (other than using granular/Lucite beads) your beads look glass or can you tell?

Google Image Search by:

Vintage Crown Trifari 3 Strand Textured Gold Tone Chains With Granular Beads Black Lucite Beads Adjustable Length Choker Style Necklace

trifari.jpg

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Trifari question

That is indeed it! (My beads are lucite) Dang, I was kind of hoping they had a name cooler than “granular”.  Like... from the ultra famous, much ballyhooed  “ Twisted Golden Cactus Collection”, featuring subtle striped cantaloupe skin beads. Oh well.. I’ll take granular I guess!  Their piece is in much better condition too. It’s interesting that you can tell the former owner of my set wore the necklace, but wore the bracelet a lot, and didn’t seem to wear the earrings at all. Lol. Interesting that their necklace has the hang tag and no crown too. Any ideas on why the mark differences on my set? 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Trifari question

I dunno..to me  the term granular indicates texturing & your beads look smooth with faint striations.  

Since monitor colors can appear different..you can check here to compare with the actual beads...I see a light sand or light tan.. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors_by_shade#Brown

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Trifari question

There is a look of Granulation to the bumpy surface of the twisted goldtone accent beads. Not exactly Granulation. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Trifari question

Re the light honey(?) colored beads. I see a faint swirl in them which might make me use Faux Amber to describe them?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Trifari question

1940....the custard (?) color lucite beads are smooth. The gold tone beads are the bumpy ones. Here’s a closer picture. 
Crow...the lucite beads aren’t really swirly, more like a subtle line going across side to side. Maybe I’m looking at them too closely! 

In any case these do have a bit of gold wear on the necklace and bracelet so don’t spend any more time researching!  I just thought if someone knew off hand that it came from a named “collection” it might help bring eyes. 
E1B1F137-F124-4924-82A6-4D30D6D4B34D.jpeg

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Trifari question

My bad..I saw the nugget beads..I thought we were talkin about the brown ones  lol 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply