cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too Freakin' hot Eye Candy Wednesday

It's so hot I'm not even going tag-saling this weekend.   That said, anyone have any frozen cold ice to show?  Keep the images smaller to speed loading, and as usual nothing from a live auction. (don't bring the Net Nanny heat down on us!)

THe first one is from my personal stash.  The stones all look about the same, but test as three different kinds of rock on my dirt cheap diamond tester.  Victorian for sure.  I've never tested the metal - never cared.   I called the grade Z ruby and pearl piece a barbarian princess necklace when I sold it.  The book alas is long gone. IIRC it was a first edition by the gemologist the kunzite stone is named for. It's available free on Project Guttenberg. 

101_0240.JPG101_0106.JPG

Victorian multi-stoneVictorian multi-stone

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

So sorry you are dealing with the heat.  We are currently in Corydon, IN right outside Louisville, KY.  It has been beautiful here, for summer.  It's supposed to heat up here, but only get up to 97 for a couple of days, otherwise it's been in the mid 80s.  The beautiful thing is the humidity hasn't been high, makes a big difference.  I kind of like the ability to travel to better weather.  ALSO, this area is a honey hole.

Here are some of the pieces I have found.  The problem is, I really don't need more inventory.  BUT as I told my ... it REALLY is an addition.

DE100.JPG

D&E - Magnesium Stones 

UB4770.JPG

Unsigned Sash Buckle - think it's real coral stones, not sure about the rose, yet.

DE99.JPG

More D&E

STAY COOL! 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I'm pretty sure I need that book.

Two Juliana "cool, frosted" stone pins. 2" and 2 1/4". They also made a square pin with the same color and stone combination as the brown one, it's shown on page 205 of Musetti's Juliana book, so I almost have a book piece. On the clear pin only the top of the kite stones are frosted.2023_0726hollycraft0002.JPG2023_0726hollycraft0004.JPG

Larry

On the Chisholm Trail.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I like that brown D&E; it looks like frozen root beer.   

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Yes, which makes me think of a root beer float.  We always have Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream in the freezer, for the grandkids of course, and I keep a couple of bottles of root beer handy for floats. She keeps Big Red handy for floats(???). It's kinda like costume jewelry, there's no accounting for taste. 

And the part about the grandkids may not be exactly factual, sorry.

Larry

On the Chisholm Trail.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

😀  Sure..blame it on the grandkids!!  Hmmm..I  have some rootbeer..but I need  more ice cream.  

Get while the gettin is good, Sandy!  You can chastise yourself later!  LOL

Lovely jools all!

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

On really hot days, we'd go to the local Stewart's Root Beer Stand.  They'd hook a tray onto the window and bring out a frosted mug of ice cold root beer 😋.  Thanks for jogging a memory!

Beautiful jewels, everyone!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Dream, hooking a tray on the window definitely brings back memories. Weren't the girls called  car hops.

This heat reminded me that back in the day here in Texas stores and restaurants and bars had signs in their windows that said "It's Cool Inside!" meaning they had air conditioning.

Sandy, I've told myself a dozen times to stop buying and start selling, but it ain't happening. It's an addiction.

Larry

On the Chisholm Trail.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Now I want a big mug of frosted root beer.  We are in the middle of an extended heat wave, I have an indoor/outdoor event I want to attend tomorrow, won't be there long....at least the indoors is airconditioned.

Juliana butterfly... the green stones glow in UV light.  Are the speckled stones easter eggs?

Juliana D & E butterfly.jpg

marineer shells.jpg

Nobody wanted these mairineer (I can never spell that correctly) shells at the flea market, end of the day find for $1.

White Tourmaline Ring 10k.jpg

The white tourmaline in this 10k ring sparkles like crazy... sold as costume. 

Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Foiled glass on the first...I think.  The marineer shells and "costume" were major scores.  Who throws marineer shells on the dollar pile?!  

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

The same kind of people who put sterling rings in the 3 for a  dollar bin. The kind we love.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Yup!   We'll suffer with plain gold ones too, right? 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply