cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The family of Schreiner Jewelry Post

The family of Schreiner Jewelry are still alive and kicking.  Mom, Terry, is 89, and can't believe how my parents, and grandfathers creations have become so collectable.  My dad's , Ambros, famous ruffle pin retailed for $7.50 in the mid 1950ss.  It now often sells for over $750.00.  She is also very unhappy of crooked dealers claiming they have unsigned Schreiner, when it's not even close to anything we produced.  I have written a dealer in Cal. several times to remove things that are clearly not Schreiner.  She accused me of being another dealer trying to make her look bad... really!  Buyers beware of anything unsigned unless you have experience identifing Schreiner pieces, and don't believe them if they claimed it's verrified.  Sometimes I will post on a piece if it is clearly a Schreiner piece, and allow the seller to use my post.  Many books have poor information about my family's business.  One dealer claimed Sphinx is a hallmark of Schreiner, and listed some book from the 70ss, that stated it.  Schreiner Jewelry was only made in NYC, not in Europe, or any place else.  We did design for many of the best ready-to-wear, designers of the 30ss- 70ss, that was sold to them unsigned, but only made by us in NYC.  These pieces were sold with the garment.  Hope this helps new collectors, and best of luck to you!

SOME POSTS IN THIS THREAD HAVE BEEN EDITED.  ALL EDITES WILL BE IN CAPS AND IN RED. - SANDY, BOARD MODERATOR.

Message 1 of 1,002
latest reply
1,001 REPLIES 1,001

The stretch belt would only expand so far, and some people tried to wear them after gaining some weight, or bought them too small, and pulled the belt apart.
Message 16 of 1,002
latest reply

Could you possibly take a look here and see if the information given here is correct.  Besides my books, this is the place I go to to try and id my unsigned pieces I believe are unsigned Schreiner. http://www.imageevent.com/thejewelryring/schreinerjewelry

I commend you on trying to "clean-up" the pieces being sold as Schreiner on eBay.  Unfortunately, it has been our experience that for every person willing to do their best to list truthfully, there are a dozen that are strictly looking to sell by any means.  Sounds like you have ran into a few already.  

Like Juliana, if it sells well, it seems that every piece with rhinestones was made by them for some people.

TIA

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 17 of 1,002
latest reply

The rivet construction one is wrong. We only used pre-made riveted setting balls that were cut up and soldered into place. Like on strawberry , or poodle pins. They came in 10, or 12 SS (stone size) settings
Message 18 of 1,002
latest reply

Thank you for taking the time to look.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 19 of 1,002
latest reply

We also made belt fronts that were sewn on to leather belts. Does your belt front have two hook ends, or one hook end and one, or two bars on the other side? The bars were where the belt was sewn on. Belts were big business for several years before we closed up shop.
Message 20 of 1,002
latest reply

Thanks mom is still doing well, and very sharp at 89-3/4. She was at the NYC book launch for the new Schreiner book out, last Nov. She was in her glory. She is one of the last from the golden age of US fashion. She is looking forward to reading the new Norell book to see how accurate it is. My parents, and grandfather were very fond of him.
Message 21 of 1,002
latest reply

I'm a he.
Message 22 of 1,002
latest reply

If I remember correctly my Buckle has two rolled over hook ends on a round finding the approx size of a nickel or quarter. My Buckle is all Chatons and dimensional. It is packed away but I think I have a picture in my old Photobucket Account, if it still exists.
Message 23 of 1,002
latest reply

Just got home from work and am catching up. I had to laugh when I saw the line " if you want more information". That is like asking a chocoholic if they want some godiva. Jewels are our drug of choice and we take any correct info that we can find.
Message 24 of 1,002
latest reply

That sounds like it would be from a single strand of stretch belt.  We made them in 1, 2, or 3 strands of stretch belt material.  It would depend on size of the front.

Message 25 of 1,002
latest reply

wrote:

That sounds like it would be from a single strand of stretch belt.  We made them in 1, 2, or 3 strands of stretch belt material.  It would depend on size of the front.

Thank you for your help. I found a front view of my buckle in my old Photobucket. If I remember correctly it is about 3 inches wide (maybe a little more.) It is not cast metal.

BLANK PICTURE REMOVED.

Message 26 of 1,002
latest reply

Are you sure it's a belt front. Looks more like a dog collar front Do you have picture of the back?
Message 27 of 1,002
latest reply

Thank you so much for your time and sharing your knowledge. A dog collar (choker?) never occurred to me. I am not sure I have a picture of the back. The one I found was to post to a sharing eye candy topic. I will try to fire up the old laptop and see what is on there.

Message 28 of 1,002
latest reply

I hate to tell, but it's not one of ours, sorry!
Message 29 of 1,002
latest reply

I have been following this lovely thread and totally by coincidence I posted a question on this board regarding a brooch.  It was suggested that it might be Schreiner.  It is missing a bead.  I know this may be presumptuous but I'd kick myself if I didn't try.  Here's the pin and thank you for this discussion. 

flipping_treasures_1-1672442543324.jpeg  

flipping_treasures_2-1672442966683.jpeg

PICTURES POSTED FROM LINKS

Message 30 of 1,002
latest reply