cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stone ID please (and mark)

Hi. Does anyone know what type of stone these are. Super heavy. I've added a pic of the mark on the closure but since it says China too, I'm not thinking this is a mark that's wil be identified.
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Are those initials next to the 925, D T R?
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I see on google that D T R is associated with Jay King.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

More research shows DTR might be Desert Rose Trading:

"EARLY JAY KING DTR DESERT ROSE TRADING STERLING"
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

"Mine Finds by Jay King Graduated Heart necklace"
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Holy Cow! You're good! Is it any particular stone? Thanks as always, lisa
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Someone has one listed and they say it may be Lacy Agate. Can anyone back that up?
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

This one has me stumped. It look like slabs of the outside / back of Thunder Egg Quartz or similar. Maybe if you visit the site that sells you could see what stones they use or maybe mermaid can help as this Designer is on HSN.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I'm kind of stumped.  I associate that kind of pattern with quartz.  I have amethyst quartz with similar patterns.  When the pattern is that sharp it's referred to as chevron or sawtooth amethyst. 

Lace Agate has a much milder, more lineal pattern to it, white Crazy Lace Agate has wild patterns and tends to have more variance in color.  Is the color a pinkish brown because that's what I see on my monitor?  Amethyst Citrine and clear quartz can all appear in the same hunk of quartz and create some interesting variations of color, but ametrine doesn't really look like that.  Maybe it's some kind of Rose Quartz is all I can think of

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

So Pretty !
Jay King is famous for the most uncommon and rare gemstones that most people have never heard of . He loves the rare and unusual . This one looks familiar to me . I know I have seen it before . It's on the tip of my tongue . I'm going to have to think about this one ! It's a challenge !

Mermaid 🐳
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@southernmermaid8 wrote:
So Pretty !
Jay King is famous for the most uncommon and rare gemstones that most people have never heard of . He loves the rare and unusual . This one looks familiar to me . I know I have seen it before . It's on the tip of my tongue . I'm going to have to think about this one ! It's a challenge !

Mermaid 🐳

I am 99.9% sure, because of the crystalline areas, this is not a Jasper.

I think I remember reading that Quartz and Agate are related so could it be some form of Lace Agate?

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Crow ,

When I read your first comment about agate , all I could think of was my Blue Lace Agate jewelry . When I read your last comment I thought , I think Crow is right ! Is this Crazy Lace Agate ? That's what keeps coming to mind . Going to look it up now !

Mermaid 🐳
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

That's it , looks like Crazy Lace Agate to me . There seems to be different color ways , but I really love this one !
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for all of your help ladies! (I can't post on this thread anymore I think) lisa
Message 14 of 14
latest reply