cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling men's fine gold,silver precious gem rings on ebay.

I am hoping to get some advice on selling some very nice expensive gold and silver gemstone rings from this group.

I have several rings to sell, but have heard some horror stories about expensive jewelry being bought and then the buyers replacing the gemstones

with faux stones and claiming that they were cheated in the sale and want to be refunded their payment. Has this really been happening?  What can I do

to protect myself from this happening if I do sell on ebay? Any and all advice is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Check and crosscheck feedback.  Don't only check feed back from the buyer but also check the feedback of who they are selling to and buying from.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If someone is out to scam and cheat you, this is an easy venue to do that in.  If you can't afford the loss, this might not be the place to sell your fine precious gem stone rings.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I'd consign to a local fine jeweler who handles estate pieces. You may get less or may not, but it's a lot more secure.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

There's a saying that floats around these boards that goes, "If you can't afford to lose it, don't list it."  I sell jewelry for a large pawn shop and yes, we've received returned empty boxes and have been forced to refund customers who claim the box we sent was empty.  The nightmares are real and many.  There are decent buyers out there, but like Sandy said, this is a hotbed for scammers.  I suggest you go to the top of this board, hover your mouse over "Discussion Boards," click on "Selling," and pose your question there.   

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply