cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers beware

I had posted last night about something and wanted everyone's opinions. I had a buyer buy a lot of jewelry which I mean a bag lot then said the description was wrong wanted to refund, which I know that the description was had on but I decided to just go ahead and give her the money, then wrote her a message and told her to send my stuff back and I would pay the shipping. Well you kept my items and my money and now has them listed on her eBay page, eBay cannot do anything because I refunded before I got my items back. Any other suggestions of what I can do?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Sellers beware

Well with the new guidelines we don’t even have PayPal as a recourse now the only other option you may have is to go through the credit card company but above and beyond you learned a very valuable lesson never refund anything until you have that item back in your possession

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Sellers beware

So sorry this happened to you. I don`t know anything to tell ya that might help. 

Don`t worry that you`ve gotten no replies..I just now was able to sign in after trying all day (we could read but not post)..so I imagine others are still trying to log in..maybe someone will have some advice for you

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Sellers beware

Holy moly that is very low down and dirty.   I hate it happened to you too.   They have some nerve.  I really don’t think there is anything you can do,  but Im curious to see what people say.  

Mermaid  🐳

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Sellers beware

Send them a prepaid return label and a money request  from PayPal saying to return the items they were refunded, or please repay if they intend to keep them.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Sellers beware

They can just ignore that, and will, but it's worth a try.  If they sell the items they can't send them back obviously.  

I hate to say it, but chiselers like yours are the cost of doing business.   We all run into one sooner or later.  I once shipped to items ahead of a hurricane warning before being paid, back when you could still do that.  Both buyers were honest but I would have had zero recourse if they hadn't been.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Sellers beware

Can you private message the buyers ID?  I'd like to have it for future reference.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Sellers beware

So sorry this happened to you.  I don't think there is anything you can do.  I never refund before getting my item back.  Unfortunately it just invites this type of behavior in some buyers.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Sellers beware

This board used to have a rusty tool page.  We didn't put the sellers ID but posted something close so all of us had a heads up.  Just a suggestion that we bring that back.   On a good note.  2 weeks ago I sent a small piece of jewelry before the buyer paid and didn't notice until a week later.  Sent an invoice thinking I would never get my money and surprise surprise the buyer paid.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Sellers beware

Wow Dins,  that restores my faith in humanity. ( for a moment )  LUCKY you! 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Sellers beware

So sorry this happened to you 😟

Am curious though 😉

What were some of the "items" in the lot that made them resellable
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Sellers beware

I read this board often. I’d answer questions but I am not educated enough to know the answers most of the time. Prefacing that statement...

I saw one Seller put it on YouTube what had happened and actually told who the Reseller is. I am pretty sure the ripped off Seller got their money back. I know this seems out there...

The Seller who did that had lost a expensive handbag. The Buyer begged her to take it down and paid. 

I am sorry to hear that happened to you. Most people are honest but the few bad ones make it bad for us all

😉 Sugar

Message 12 of 12
latest reply