cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sarah Coventry??

Hello,  sorry to be asking so many questions lately, got some of my piles of jewelry out and trying to get some listed. I have this necklace and it doesn't look like any Sarah Coventry piece I have seen. Stones feel like glass. It has a SC hang tag, but also a modern clasp, so either the clasp was replaced, or the SC tag was added, not sure which, any help much appreciated.IMG_20220306_142009926_HDR.jpgIMG_20220306_142022327_HDR.jpgIMG_20220306_142030080_HDR.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sarah Coventry??

Could very well be SC.  It had so many up`s & downs over the years.  

Here`s a site to look at re-the timeline..but back in the recesses of my brain..I do believe it was sold in some stores briefly also a few years back..perhaps this is from that timeframe?

https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/sarah-coventry-jewelry-2043793

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Sarah Coventry??

Could very well be SC.  It had so many up`s & downs over the years.  

Here`s a site to look at re-the timeline..but back in the recesses of my brain..I do believe it was sold in some stores briefly also a few years back..perhaps this is from that timeframe?

https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/sarah-coventry-jewelry-2043793

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Sarah Coventry??

Ahhh, I see, thanks so much! Did not realize it was sold into the 80's at home parties. I think it must be a piece from that time period.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Sarah Coventry??

I think it`s newer than the 80`s.  It was also sold in Canada for awhile. I`d consider it Modern Vintage I guess..but that`s just my take on it  

This from Wiki:  (see the BOLD)

"Sarah Coventry jewelry was named after the granddaughter of Lyman K. Stuart, the founder of the company. Established in 1949, thousands of women and some men were recruited to sell jewelry at Sarah Coventry home jewelry parties.[1] It is recognized as the oldest direct selling jewelry company in the world.[citation needed] They did not design their own jewelry but used other manufacturers to produce their jewelry. Most of the production happened in the state of Rhode Island.[2]

In the mid-1980s a subsidiary of Playboy Enterprises. Inc (the publishers of Playboy magazine) owned the company, as it was planning on diversifying into a brand management company. 

It later sold the company in the 1990s. However, Sarah Coventry jewelry was re-opened years later by new owners and was being distributed by representatives via catalogs, the Internet, home shopping networks, and other means. The company has since gone out of business.[3]"

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Sarah Coventry??

Thank you so much for the further clarification, I really appreciated. I hate to misrepresent anything.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply