cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sabrinas in this ART demi parure and 2 ABS look off....

These are Sabrina's right? Do these 2 aurora borealis stones in the earrings look off color or off size or something? Something looks off to me but I'm not sure if it's my eyes or if there is even anything wrong. Picked it up at a yard sale, probably paid too much but it was so pretty.

Thanks, Alex

2015-04-18 005.JPG2015-04-18 001.JPG

Most used advice from my mother - Learn something new every day!
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

It is a very pretty set...love the colors... I believe Givre...and it looks like someone replaced a missing stone with a green one on the earrings. The shape looks odd in your picture...more rounded top, like a bead

Photobucket
"Today is a Gift that is why it is called the Present"
Sheila
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Yepper..I agree...that green stone is a replacement & I think the ab is also, as it is a tad too large for the setting.   I might have an orange for you..need to measure it..then I`ll check & see.  

medium (1).jpg

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I do not think the AB stones belong in that set.. JMHO I would date it older if it had not been for the AB stones..

It really is a beautiful set 🙂

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I never gave it a second thought, (the green stone), for some reason I thought it was one of those pair of earrings that had different colors and didn't exactly match

I figured out the ABS after your comments, the one next to the "red" stone is bigger and the spot on top is smaller than the original one. Also, while looking closer and closer, the color is a tiny bit blue while all the others in earrings and brooch are a bit more green.

RAIN;  do youreally think the ABs don't go? The signature is ART in the rectangle with the copyright sign in a circle right after his name.

I looked but don't have a stone to match that more  orange/red .than red stone missing. It's also way different in the cut, is that a Dentelle? I remember learning about them after posting about a bracelet with large purple stones. Never could get one.

And I'm still confused about the Givre/Sabrina stones.

You all are wonderful here, thank you for taking the time to chime in.

Alex

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Yes, the ab stones are original to the set. I have sold similar before 

Here is a pix from CCJ 303 pg 141.   Not the exact 'darkness' of  your colors, but very similar..this also has the 'blue' ab rhines.

So in your earrings..I still hold with that ab stone  being a replacement along with the green one

DSCN6688.JPG

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Gotcha! Looking for orange stone and AB replacement.

Thanks again.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Personally, I think I would call the stones in your set bi-color rather than Sabrina and since the colors are not running through clear glass they are not Givre stones.  The green stones with the red running through them have been called watermelon stones.  But look here and see what ou think: http://imageevent.com/flippingtreasures/h2glassstonesandbeadsh2/h2specialeffectsh2  Pictures 8 - 11 and picture 18.  The watermelon stones shown in pictres 18 are ravoli stones so show a little different than yours.  It's the red center in green that makes them known as watermelon sones.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Another example

fall-wreath-bracelet-600x600.png

Photobucket
"Today is a Gift that is why it is called the Present"
Sheila
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Sarah's post of a pix from CCJ 303 pg 141, also gives a name to the orange and green stones: calls them "unusual green tourmaline /orange striped Navettes tones" (and further down on that same page shows a close up, calling it "interesting orange stripped navette stone"
Sabrina stones are translucent (look opalescent to me) with infusion of a single color.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

The stones remind me of "Dappled Fall Colors".
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Holy Moly you guys...I was already confused with Sabrina and Givre stones, now I really have to concentrate. Very interesting information. I'm off to check out Sandy's link and the other info from the CCJ. Thanks

Oh by the way, that round brooch is exactly these stones!

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

That round brooch also has the same leaf design.. So is it ART? is that the designer?

I love them both:)

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Yes I see it is ART, they sell very well sometimes.. Quality workmanship goes a long way!!!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply