cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

******SAT. LIGHTS WEEKEND BLING FINDS THREAD******

This is the thread to post your recent finds, or to post old favourites .... no current listings please and keep the pics a reasonable size for folks who have slower connections.

Went to a church bazaar last night and it was so good I thought I was maybe hallucinating, that's how rare this sort of thing is around here lately.

Marked "Hand made in Canada Bob Ford" ... brooches, sterling

005.JPG

!4k stickpin with what looks like a moosehead?

003.JPG

Necklaces with 18k clasps ... one tests as garnets and the other looks like coral. Also a large sterling brooch

011.JPG

My favourite. Gorgeous large 18k lapis earrings.

002.JPG

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

All the things are soo nice.. Church sales are one of my favorite place to buy and find things, However I do not go much anymore.

Sandy, you are most welcome for the earrings, I do not sell many earrings. you are welcome to do as you like with your gift 🙂

I have some nice green beads all hand knotted I dug up.. long !

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

D&E butterfly, I purchased from one of the wonderful boardies here a few years ago. 🙂

WP_20141123_002.jpg

Nothing is impossible for God.
Message 17 of 31
latest reply

I have two different types of crowns on the JC necklaces, one is limited edition 2011. Ill get them both up asap

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 18 of 31
latest reply

Church Bazaar finds - would have bought a lot more (pricing was LOW) but place was swarmed. First in line but that meant nothing once the doors opened. Happy with these pieces at any rate 🙂

Clockwise from far left : metal mesh necklace, unmarked. Brighton bangle, sterling bangle, chunky charm bracelet (all gone to mom), unmarked goldtone/green pin/pendant, Weiss blue pin, sterling box charm, GF heart locket, GF (jade?) bracelet, GF pearl circle pin (missing one pearl), large noveau sash pin (maybe sterling, need to test), Mex 925 grap pin/pendant (over 30 grams), AB filigree pin marked SUNG, sterling music note.

Goldette slider charm bracelet, Renoir copper bracelet, sterling marcasite peacock pin

photo.JPG

Happy hunting & lots of green to all 🙂

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

love the peacock!

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 20 of 31
latest reply

Me too!

Nice finds Frockstar. Oh and I know what you mean, being first in line at a church sale only means that you are the first to be pushed and shoved, that's all. And the first to be pinned into position at the table, not able to move left or right. Been there, done that!

Carscorvette, that is a very sweet D&E butterfly.

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

Just WOW on the church sale finds!!!!  We had one this past Saturday, got there later, it was a bizarre bazaar, billed as an Antique/Craft/Art show, which means mostly crafts.   I did get these, 800 silver and marcasite pink conch shell earrings:

Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
Message 22 of 31
latest reply

Thanks cleio & arlene. I think the peacock is newer, but nice & heavy. My friend actually found & bought it but then gave it to me later. She's sweet like that.

arlene you describe my experience exactly, except for standing in cold for 2 hours before & the very dim lighting inside 😞

This is an annual sale & usually worth it.

I'm going to start another thread about that sash pin as soon as I get pics of the back.....someone soldered a large bale to the back right beside the hinge, so that the pin stem is bent around it (you may see it peeking out at the top). I'd like to have it removed but would like your opinions as well.

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

Those are beautiful, marko

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

Marko .... those are FABULOUS earrings, very lovely .. and always a sign of quality  when they  face each other.

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Thanks, Arlene,  I didn't know about the facing-each-other part.  I love your finds from the church sale!

At the bizarre baazar, a lady was selling those air plants that don't need water in terrariums.  She also made holders out of bent forks.  He had a strand of pearls hanging from one of the forks, and I knew right away they were real pearls with a 14k clasp, not the highest quality of freshwater pearls, but I loved them.  I asked her what she wanted for the pearls, and she said "They aren't mine, they are my friends, I am just using them for display."  I ask her what she would take for them.  Then she said she couldn't sell them because it was a craft show and she didn't make them.  Sigh.  I asked her to call her friend to see what she wanted.  She couldn't get a hold of her friend, so I left and went to a yard sale.  Got a ton of vintage knitting needles for my sister who knits and some perfume.... the lady calls me back as I was leaving and I was able to get the pearls for $18, not bad....pics forthcoming.  I also was sorting jewelry to list for the holiday season and found out a strand of champagne colored pearls I bought for $2 this summer has 14k findings.  It was kinda like going to a sale in my house.  🙂

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

And thanks, frocks, you had some great finds at your church sale, too!!!!  🙂

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

These were the pearls I found in my house:

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

Finally getting around to shooting my finds now that the Summer selling season is over...

A molded red glass and brass bead necklace:

Multicolor glass moonglow, rhinestone and enamel paint pot metal pin:

A lovely Weiss rhinestone pin and clip earring demi:

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Truly awesome finds, everyone!  Yardsales ended here a couple weeks ago and I haven't been out huntin' since.  All of your wonderful finds are a feast for the eyes and motivation to get to some of those church sales!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 30 of 31
latest reply