cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rhinestone Necklace & Rice Pearl (?) Necklace Help

Hi,

These belong to a friend of mine, trying to id the maker of them

#1 is a rhinestone necklace, the pendant part is 2"W x 2 1/4"L, the necklace is 14"L. No marks to identify maker.

#2 is a 24" rice pearl necklace with a plastic rose clasp, trying to identify the maker. 

Any ideas or information is appreciated.

thanks for looking.

DSC06042.jpgDSC06043.jpgDSC06044.jpgDSC06045.jpgDSC06048.jpg

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Here is the rice pearl necklace.

DSC06052.jpgDSC06051.jpgDSC06049.jpg

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

There are some Juliana characteristics to your first necklace - it may be worth your while to do some research on the Aged and Opulent website  

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Thank-you the_jeweled_feline, I'll check that site out!

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Check necklaces and sets both - also the Not D & E.  Not a expert,but its a real possibility to e

Kay
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Wow, I found it, #122, my friend will be excited! Thanks very much for that site the_jeweled_feline!

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

GREAT!  That really makes my day.  It's a beautiful piece and the color goes with so much.  High fives to you and your friend

Kay
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Are you sure the clasp on the pearls is plastic and not carbed coral?

An umbrella and a mind have a lot in common, they both function better when open.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Duh, carved, not carbed!

An umbrella and a mind have a lot in common, they both function better when open.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Thanks cool. No, I just assumed plastic, never thought of anything else. Will have to double check it out then and see what it is.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Can you post a close up of the front and back of the clasp?

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Here are a couple of close-ups. I cropped the original photos and noticed that on the back there are tiny holes. Hope this works.

I looked on-line and it said to try lemon juice on the piece to see if it is coral, it should show tiny bubbles, so I will try that.

DSC06049.jpgDSC06051.jpg

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

That is real coral, the holes, the faint line pattern in it and the various shades of color confirm it. If you want to do the lemon juice test just to put your mind at ease to confirm it make sure you have a bowl of water or running tap ready to immediately rinse it and stop the acid from damaging the piece.

Since it is real pearls and real coral I would do a test on the metal, looking at the photo I suspect sterling with a gold overlay. But it is possible it is just dirty and could be gold. Have you checked the clasp and the mount for the coral to see if you can find any hallmarks? Sometimes they can be tiny and hidden inside the actual clasp or between the lever of the insert.

Test the metal and if it is sterling or gold it will add value. Coral is really doing well on eBay right now and I don't think it will matter if you cannot come up with the maker of it.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Thanks cool! I won't test this, I would hate to do damage to the piece!

Is the correct name 'Rice pearl' for this necklace.

Thanks to you and feline for helping with these pieces, a great find for my friend!Smiley Happy

Spoiler

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I'm glad you didn't test with the lemon juice, it is okay as long as you do it fast and immediately rinse the piece well. The problem happens if you leave it on for more than a second. Coral, pearls, shells etc. are calcium or lime and lemon juice is acid, so it will eat it away and create a mess.

Yes, they are rice pearls. And do either test the metal yourself or have someone do it for you.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply