cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rescue your eBay Guides NOW!

This turned up when I read ECB this morning: https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/abblog/blog.pl?/pl/2018/3/1520908115.html. EBay is getting rid of User Guides. So if you've written a guide, be sure you've saved a copy and find it a new home - either take up Ina's offer, put it on your own blog, or... I really need to head over to TVV and let Lora know about this; TVV seems like a logical place to put vintage-related guides.

Don't forget absent friends -- if you know of any guides by any of the Old Guard or other people who are no longer active on eBay (Rumor Has It comes immediately to mind, and I'm sure there are others), you might want to rescue those guides too.

flotsamlogo
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Thanks for that information, blue.  I've written 2 guides and one has over 13k views.  Guess I better do something!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

How do I get to your Guides? I'd like to take a look before they disappear.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You would do a seller search using my ID and then click on my ID once you get to my seller page.  I'll warn you that unless you're a beginning detectorist or someone who can't navigate the web well enough to locate a gold calculator, my guides are pretty boring Smiley Very Happy.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Fortunately for me many of the gold calculators on line often give prices in 10, 14, 18k etc. Good thing for me because I can't calculate my way out of a paper bag. 🙂 You would still be laughing if you saw the spreadsheet I filled up trying to figure out the price of 14k when I didn't have the right formula for Troy ounces v. Avoirdupois.  (Insert eye-roll here.)

The metal detector info is good, and it would have been useful during my one brief encounter with metal detecting. Got it on eBay for something like $75-100 and tested it out finding known jewelry in my yard to see if it would pick them up. Managed to find an old quarter in the local park, but that was the end of it. Poor thing died of heat stroke in the back of my car on a summer day en route to the beach. Oh well...  It's a very well-written guide and I think you should definitely save it!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you, thirry!  I've been on the "hunt" for almost 40 years with some measure of success.  BTW, a good site for figuring gold prices is goldcalc dot com.  I appreciate your interest!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply