cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUARTERLY CHAT 2024 - April, May, June

spring to summer.jpg

This is the place to share the good, the bad, and yes, even the ugly of what is happening in your life with people who care and will support you through them.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Hopefully deer and rabbit proof too.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

No bunnies & I `ve  only seen deer in a field 2-3 times since we`ve lived here...but there`s a good fence all around the garden.  The squirrels are the worst...so many of them it is awful!  They stripped all my pecan trees last year!

So far it`s all looking good...several of my tomato plats have blooms already!  😀

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 17 of 24
latest reply

WE`ve been getting lots of rain..but the garden is loving it! 

DSCN9647-Edited.jpg

And cukes have started to climb

DSCN9648-Edited.jpg

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

WHEW, we made it!  Left Missouri Saturday morning.  Got to our overnight spot at Boomland.  The weather moved in and we decided to wait until 9:00 am to start toward our stop at Bean Pot Campground in Crossville, TN.  We drove through two blinding rains missed one tornado by 45 minutes, it was ahead of us.  Then drove through a small one.  BUT we are here, right in the Tennesse Mountains and it is cool and beautiful.  We are on our way to the east coast to see my grand boys who are stationed together in Maryland.

Oh, and while I was in Missouri, just before we left, I got a new to me 2022 F-150 truck!  But that is another story.  LOL  Took me two trips to Livingston TX from Missouri within a two-week span, to get it licensed and registered.  Good thing I love it!

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Weekend and that everyone stayed safe from this crazy weather we have been having.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Morning, Sandy!  Good to hear from you...sounds like some scary weather moments there..  I said to a friend that the west coast had it`s share of rain & blizzards..now the Midwest is getting whammied & the east coast is in for a rough ride with hurricanes this year. I`m really  beginning to believe the good Lord is really trying to get our attention.  

Things are ok here..as good as they can be.  I have my 'Calgon, Take Me Away' moments from time to time  lol 

Prayers for safe travels the rest of the way for ya`ll! 

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

Thanks Sarah.  Yes, it was an experience for sure.  The weather this year really has been awful.  Talked to Sam the other day, who is still in Killeen, said it has really been hairy there as well. 

We looked for a camping site near the boys but couldn't find one.  The kids have both taken a week off to visit with the boys.  So I told them to find a place as close as they could, and they could just leave me with the RV and animals and drive to Maryland to spend the week with them.  So we found a place in Virgina called Creekside in Edinburg, VA.  From the loos of it, it is really pretty and far enough from the actual coast that I shouldn't have to worry about hurricanes.   

Glad you are finding some "Calgon Take You Away" moments.  I know how much they can mean to a caregiver.  

How grows your garden?  

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Garden is coming along fairly good..I see lots of small peppers..quite a few green tomatoes and cukes are blooming. 

I  saw some tiny beans & the bean plants are loaded with blooms!  Weather hasn`t been real nice for the gardeners at times..but it`s ok.

Am getting some meat canned up right now. 

Sometimes I wish I could clone myself  😄 

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

LOL!  I think you will just have to come to grips with you being a one of a kind.

Sounds like the garden is coming along.  Glad the weather hasn't bothered to progress of it.  

Have you ever tried candied jalapenos?  They are some of my favorites.  Put over cream cheese and on a cracker, they are the best.  They are hard to find in some places so when I can find them, I buy them.  I found a pint of them in Boomland.  Jumped for joy.  It should last me for a while because the kids won't even try them.  LOL.

I've really been having a hard time getting into listing new items.  I really need to kick myself in the but and start listing new items.  Maybe tomorrow.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Oh yeah..the cowboy candy is awesome!  Kids don`t know what they are missing!   

I did buy 2  jalapeno plants  this year...they are supposed to be the mammoth kind..(5-6") ones!  

Message 24 of 24
latest reply