cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT .... Can I not respond to a buyer's bad feedback?

I got a big red one, the first ever! A mixed jewelry lot last month and every item is clearly shown plus I put extra stuff in there before I closed and shipped it. The title and description said exactly what it was. The neg was terrible, said it was junk and nothing useable. I ended up sending a private message asking why she would do that without contacting me. I would have refunded her. I hit the report buyer button and wrote what happened but I don't know what that will do.

Are we not able to respond to their feedback anymore?

Most used advice from my mother - Learn something new every day!
Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

@old.crows.nest wrote:
Your Buyer sounds like they are definitely a Reseller and have most likely done this vindictively. I hope each one of these pieces they Sell is bought by someone named Karma!

So sorry this happened and yes I hope they get a buyer named Karma too! 

Message 16 of 42
latest reply

All I can say is Wow-I had to go hrew several pages of feedback, but when I got to Jan. 2014 I started to see some red donuts and a lot of "problems that were fixed" remarks in her feedback left for others.

I'm wondering if she was reported during that timeframe?? Might be worth a call to E-Bay-she might be up to her old tricks again?

Message 17 of 42
latest reply

Sorry this happened to you Alex, her FB left for others speaks volumes.

I took a quick glance at the lot. Was that filigree bracelet in good shape ? If so, the price of the lot was lower than what that bracelet is worth by itself.

Message 18 of 42
latest reply

The thing is with lots like that - where it's clearly stated as mixed lot- that it doesn't matter if it's "worth" what they paid.  They choose how much to pay- based on what they see and read.  When I buy at auctions- I  often way overpay for lots that I get caught up in- but I bid- I made the choice.  Sometimes I get lucky sometimes I learn my lesson!!  

Definately call eBay on this - with all those negs- and the description- they may remove the neg.  

Jen

Message 19 of 42
latest reply

Vernon and Cali, thanks for looking back that far, I didn't go back far enough and didn't see what you saw.

I will call Ebay. I was going to let it go because I haven't got a lot of energy right now.

Went to the emergency room Friday and they kept me because of my heart history and the next morning I had enough and signed myself out. Stupid I know. I've had 4 stents and a triple bypass. I just can't go through that right now and my cardiologist wasn't around so the one assigned to me was giving me shots in my belly, (in case of leg clots), statins, because I had a history of high cholesterol, (10 years ago) my good is higher than my bad for at least 5 years now and a bunch of other weird stuff they were doing..

I shouldn't have left, I know.......but I will see my own doctor next week and am instantly eating better, no caffeine, salt, sugar, processed foods, and especially cigarettes, It's like we go through something bad like that but as soon as we feel better our old habits come back. At least on me it did. 

Message 20 of 42
latest reply

Oh my Alex, I hope you're felling better soon. 

(((Alex)))

In cases like this, Toolhaus is your best friend.

Message 21 of 42
latest reply

@calicos_vintage_jewelry wrote:

Oh my Alex, I hope you're felling better soon. 

(((Alex)))

In cases like this, Toolhaus is your best friend.

... or in this case Tool Shed! This one makes a box of hammers look like a gaggle of Rhodes Scholars.

I've been known to gamble on sleeper lots myself, but it's generally a case of "buy junk, get junk".  OTOH I've bought junk lots before that had gold in them more than once.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 22 of 42
latest reply

(((Alex)))

Google is your friend too. I think some of things they sell use recycled parts.
Message 23 of 42
latest reply

🙂    taking the high road with a low roader  🙂

photo newyearsimageebay.jpg
Message 24 of 42
latest reply

Alex, you sure didn't need that on top of what happened to you in the ER!  Sorry for all your troubles Smiley Sad.  Thanks for the tool shed alert.  Try to take it easy and know that miserable people bring on their own misery.  You got a negative but she's got a negative life!  Wish she were reading this thread Smiley Very Happy.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 25 of 42
latest reply

can you contact buyer and have them change their feedback.....is it possible they have you mixed up with another seller

have you tried contacting ebay.....the buyer is supposed to contact you before leaving negative feedback

hope the negative is removed for you

if the buyer wants to return ......why would she not want to return something if she is that unhappy

photo newyearsimageebay.jpg
Message 26 of 42
latest reply

Just got off the phone with ebay and my main point was just that....that she did NOT contact me first! I would have given a full refund even if she kept the stuff.

I kept repeating that it should not be right to leave a negative without trying to contact the other party. I said this was one of the reasons sellers are leaving ebay because the buyer is everything to ebay and they are always on the buyers side not to mention that it's the sellers who make the money for ebay,

She had the nerve to say they don't want buyers to get negative feedback because they will leave ebay and buy some where else !! I flipped out right then !! I told her that it was a fact that sellers are leaving ebay because they are getting unreasonable feedback. So why aren't they changing that to keep these sellers from leaving?! STOOPID STOOPID STOOPID !!!!!!

Message 27 of 42
latest reply

if the buyer wants to return ......why would she not want to return something if she is that unhappy

Exactly ! And I asked her why would she not contact me for a refund if it was that bad? She thought she saw something that wasn't what she thought it was and then got mad about it. (Someone earlier said that.... and I agree) The ebay girl said she has a right to her opinion....Stop me before I explode! STOOPID again!!

Message 28 of 42
latest reply

Me thinks that you have got the Phone-Bots who are reading from a script.

Might pay off to watch this Buyer's FB left and see if they are back to their old tricks.

Message 29 of 42
latest reply

Alex,  you pull yourself up by your bootstraps and you rise above stoopidity!  She's prolly on the rag or somethin' or just an ignorant witch with a B.  We don't take kindly to people puttin down our sellers and not even askin for a refund, I have had several smart azzes do it to me and it is not funny!

We work hard and it take a year for that to go off of our percentage, and I guarantee as soon as 1 goes off after a year you WILL get 1 very soon after you reach 100% again.

Sorry, I feel bad anyway and this made me angry.

Luv ya Alex, get better and don't let this piddly junk get you down, we all know you sell nice jools so forget that LOSER!

Carolyn

Message 30 of 42
latest reply