cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Managed Payments Fee Structure starting in July.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2020/05/09/ebay-ties-payment-fees-to-commissions-in-new-fee-structure...

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Yeah..best I can calculate (which I could be wrong) .. currently  on a 19.75 sales (free ship)  I am paying out (Ebay & PP) 2.11 in fees..under  the new MP I will be paying 2.84.   (& that doesn`t include my store fee)  I need to go back & figure  all  again..but I`m pretty close...I don`t see any savings . 

Been thinking on letting my store ride a bit more anyway..then dump it (waiting for the  early closing penalty to come down) 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 36
latest reply

I haven't been selling since early December, so I'm a bit out of touch. Are all of us being forced into Managed Payments? I was trying to avoid it as long as possible.....

A.

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

Yeah..I got my invite/order this week..here`s the opening paragraph

Managed payments is the new way to sell and get paid on eBay, providing sellers one place to sell and get paid, and buyers more ways to pay. eBay will manage payments for most sellers in 2020, and your account, 1940fc, will be activated for managed payments starting late July. To ensure you are ready in advance of the change and that there are no interruptions to your business, you will need to register by July 15, 2020.
Message 4 of 36
latest reply

Uggghhh! Hate that!!!

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

yes, this confused me as well, they make it sound like it is going to save money for seller, but I do not see how.  supposedly you would not have to use another payment processing company?  but paypal does it all anyway, without transaction charge?

does paypal charge .30 per transaction, if the buyer uses money in their paypal account, not credit card?

are they trying to cut paypal out of the deals?

arggghhhhh 

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

Yes, paypal does have a per transaction fee built into their fees.  Don't think it much matters if you use your balance or a credit card, the seller pays their fees.  And yes, they are cutting paypal out of the payment process here on eBay.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 7 of 36
latest reply

Seems like I remember when I first started & checks were still allowed..I saw sellers had in their TOS  Pay Pal Preferred..

Wonder what they`ll do if we were to add that back to our listings (if that`s our preference)  😱

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

My understanding is that we will not be able to offer paypal.  I hope I'm wrong, but don't think so.  Dream has been on eBay's MP for a while.  Hope she stops by and let's us know for sure if we can offer paypal or even accept checks or money orders.

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

PP in included as an option.

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

PP will be an option or is an option right now

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 11 of 36
latest reply

This from the  invite:

Here’s what you need to know about managed payments:

More ways for buyers to pay: Buyers can pay with credit, debit and gift cards, PayPal, PayPal Credit, Apple Pay or Google Pay.
Message 12 of 36
latest reply

plus I just spoke to eBay rep and they have more protections in place than Paypal

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 13 of 36
latest reply

Did the rep tell you what kind of additional protections they have?

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

Thanks for the clarification on paypal.  That is great news.  

Message 15 of 36
latest reply