cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miriam Haskell Necklace?

I am going to list this necklace but I can not find any info on it or even a picture. I was guessing late 60's early 70's? Can those of you that has books look and see if it is in one? I am also haveing trouble with description any key words? Thanks ahead of timeHaskil Neck-3.jpgHaskil Neck-1.jpgHaskil Neck-6.jpgHaskil Neck-5.jpgHaskil Neck-3.jpg

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Miriam Haskell Necklace?

oh and do you like better on black or wood background?

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Miriam Haskell Necklace?

Just waking up so brain is too fuzzy for key words just yet . I wanted to say hello , I have missed you ! Hope all is well . 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Miriam Haskell Necklace?

Beautiful necklace 🙂

Here is a link to Cathy Gordon's site. You might see something similar there that will give keywords collectors might use:

http://imageevent.com/bluboi

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Miriam Haskell Necklace?

Thanks Crow didnt see anything close to it. I did find the pat was 1969 but said Haskell used it starting in 1975.

Mermaid I am glad I was missed lol. Been busy helping my friend designing purses a lot of work goes into making a bag from scratch and leather isnt cheap. I have been having fun doing it. I have also been helping Lauren with Math homework as Advanced math goes way fast cover something in 2 days and move to something else. I made appt with teacher for Tuesday going to iron some things out!

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Miriam Haskell Necklace?

Would you consider this a bib necklace?

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Miriam Haskell Necklace?

For some reason , this necklace is very challenging for key words to me . I would not call it a bib necklace. I'm thinking more Boho Chic , Bohemian , Flower Child , Free Spirit ....well you get the idea . Looks like it has lots of movement . You definitely have to use " Dangle " in the title . 

Hmmmm let's think some more .

Mermaid 🐳

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Miriam Haskell Necklace?

P.S.   I usually go for wood or textured backdrops but this necklaces really POPS right off the black ! 

Mermaid 🐳 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Miriam Haskell Necklace?

that is my problem to I cant discribe it lol. It has shells glass beads and bone and I have searched for about a week now trying to find it anywhere or even a bracelet I have searched even Haskell advertising and different key words,and nada

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Miriam Haskell Necklace?

I too have been looking for you and no luck at all finding even anthing similar, and so my next question is, could the Haskell closure be an addition to this necklace...i.e., not really Haskell?  Just a suggestion.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Miriam Haskell Necklace?

If the clasp is a replacement, then somebody did a bang-up job because I don't see any of the telltale signs of a replaced clasp - like ends of jump rings not meeting. Seems like a lot of trouble to go to over a mid-70s piece even with the Haskell name. Put a link to the post in a note in Cathy's guestbook and she might swing by and take a look.

flotsamlogo
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Miriam Haskell Necklace?

Vintage 70's Boho Chic Carved Shell Dangle Beach Goddess Necklace ....

or something along those lines . 

Has that 1970's California Bohemian Flower Child Godess vibe . 😎

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Miriam Haskell Necklace?

I thought of that the clasp might be a replacement and I looked it is original I even looked with a loop to see if I could see marks from pliers and nothing

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Miriam Haskell Necklace?

Blue this is not my necklace I am selling for a friend who's husband passed sudden at a young age. I am trying to get as much info in hopes to bring as much money as I can for her. I left a message for Cathy as you suggested thank you maybe she can help me 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Miriam Haskell Necklace?

Hi all,

I received a request to look at this message and provide some information.  It is, without question, a Haskell, circa date post-1975, a period when Haskell was significantly reducing costs to be competitive in the costume jewelry market.  Two specifics relating to this date:

- the clasp, patented in 1969 was introduced in 1975

- a technique called tipping, where metal clam-shell findings started being used instead of the more-expensive back-stringing

In addition, Haskell was using materials such as plastics, ceramic beads, cork, bone, seeds, wood and shells to be in tune with the styles of the 1970s.

Regarding this being a replacement clasp -- I have found that the faked Haskell pieces are much more traditional in style, attempting to emulate the high-end Frank Hess or Robert Clark designs.

Hope this helps!

- Cathy Gordon

Message 15 of 16
latest reply