cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mid Century Brutalist Anne Dick Bronze Necklace

I have researched and do know she made this necklace in about 1965 and she was an American Mid Century Brutalist and used bronze and sterling silver in her jewelry.

Did the bronze turn this color or is it something else in that area of the pendant, if so, what is it?

All help is appreciated and thank you guys so much!!!!

Carolyn

DSCN6192.JPGDSCN6211.JPGDSCN6210.JPGDSCN6194.JPG

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Cool necklace, Carolyn.  I think the patination was done on purpose to give it an ancient look.  I'm waiting on a piece that has that same type of finish I know was purposely done for effect.  That might be the case with your necklace.  Great piece!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I agree with dream. The fact that it is only on the one layer is my reasoning 🙂

(If we are correct a gentle wipe will not remove the finish.)

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Thank you so much Dream.  I hardly ever get pieces as old as you guys, so I don't know this stuff.

I got a basket of really old jewelry so I will be asking more questions but I am trying to reasearch enough on my own first, but I will be asking more questions . Lol

I appreciate ya girl!heart

Carolyn

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Thanks Crow,

I got a necklac if you will come back in a few minutes, PLEASE, i think it is lapis and carnealian, I will test it, and gold plsted 925 scarab beetle and beaded necklace.  I know I have seen it before.  It has a lobster claw claw clasp and is marked on the back of the scarab 925.  Maybe you can help me with the maker.

Thanks, Crow

Carolyn

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Looking forward to seeing the rest of that basket stash, Carolyn!  Sounds like you found a winner!

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@dream*peddler wrote:

Looking forward to seeing the rest of that basket stash, Carolyn!  Sounds like you found a winner!

Me too!

@jayceerichjr wrote:

Thank you so much Dream.  I hardly ever get pieces as old as you guys, so I don't know this stuff.

I got a basket of really old jewelry so I will be asking more questions but I am trying to reasearch enough on my own first, but I will be asking more questions . Lol

I appreciate ya girl!heart

Carolyn

Hey, I resemble that remark, almost 😉

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Here's the necklace, I know I've seen it beforeDSCN6237.JPGDSCN6228.JPGDSCN6238.JPG

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

LOL @ OCN Smiley Very Happy.  'Splain about the scarab necklace, Carolyn.  Was that in the basket or is that an Anne Dick piece you saw on the net?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

That is cool heart

I am drawing a blank. I will have a look around google and see what comes up, might jog my memory 🙂

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

That's weird.  Didn't see your post above about coming back to show this necklace.  I don't recognize it off the bat, but I like it!

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

no, the scarab necklace was in the same antique store but it has a lobster claw clasp.  I actually thought it was Avon. LOL When I got home I saw the scarab was marked 925 on the back.  It doesn't show well in the pics I put on.

I will show you a lot more from the basket.  I have a gorgeous huge Les Bernard brooch, but this I purchased because I liked it and I need to know what kind of cup whatever you call it and the stones are weird.DSCN6252.JPGDSCN6254.JPGDSCN6243.JPGDSCN6246.JPG

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

jayceerichjr wrote:

Thanks Crow,

I got a necklac if you will come back in a few minutes, PLEASE, i think it is lapis and carnealian, I will test it, and gold plsted 925 scarab beetle and beaded necklace.  I know I have seen it before.  It has a lobster claw claw clasp and is marked on the back of the scarab 925.  Maybe you can help me with the maker.

Thanks, Crow

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn, I tried google but nothing similar came up. If you could post a close-up of the Marks that might help. My best guess is this might be a Museum souvenir piece, maybe?

Message 13 of 13
latest reply