cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Men's Ring - Turquoise - Marking Question

Good morning,

So, I have 3 men's rings, inlayed turquoise. All  2 have same markings. Do you have any idea's?  I have looked on quite a few boards regarding maker's marks to no avail. it's not marked silver, only these markings.

#1#1

#2#2

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

itis possible there was a 925 mark, that maybe was removed if these were resized.  they also did silver plate on copper, and Alpaca silver, which is an alloy.  if you scratch a small area, you can see the copper underneath easy enough. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It doesn't look like a maker's mark to me.  Have you tried cleaning it with a sunshine cloth?  Are the characters actually incised or laying on the surface.  Have you held a magnet to it?  If it's not marked for sterling, what do you think the metal is?

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I am pretty sure these are Mexico made, if you turn the ring over, the XI is part of MExico, I can't exactly see the tops, but it looks pretty typical of their toursit rings I see so much of here in Arziona. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

itis possible there was a 925 mark, that maybe was removed if these were resized.  they also did silver plate on copper, and Alpaca silver, which is an alloy.  if you scratch a small area, you can see the copper underneath easy enough. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you so much!!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Dream, this is has been cleaned with a polishing cloth., not saying it couldn't use a "good cleaning"  Those figures are incised.  I think the metal maybe brass

Message 6 of 6
latest reply