cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIKES & DISLIKES for Secret Santa! Post Em HERE!

Go ahead, those that have signed up  for Secret Santa already

& post your likes/dislikes/can`t haves HERE so your Secret Santa will have some ideas once he gets his giftee`s name! 

naughty nice.gif

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I`ll start. 😁

My wants/favs are fairly simple. 

I love anything kitty themed..esp a kitty tree ornament

Bookmarks

Any chocolate except white

Warm socks

I like all jools,  esp Stretchy Bracelets

No earrings of any kind..allergic to them all!  LOL

My 2 furbabies love Temptation Treats

I say keep it simple..whatever Santa brings I will love! 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I cheated and copied from last year.
I like necklaces, no shorter than 26" please. The louder the better. I prefer artisan so if you make it, I will normally wear it.

Herbal teas only- mints are my favorite but will try just about anything as long as it is legal.

Milk chocolate is my favorite especially with nuts or carmel-no dark chocolate-have to agree with evelyb30 on this white chocolate isn't chocolate.

I like trying new things so if you make something as a specialty feel free to send it along. Do keep in mind that I have an allergy to peppers- all kinds except black and piminto.

Any old jewelry books you want to pass on.

I don't have any pets.

Can't stand socks.

Please feel free to use your imagination. I have been know to gift the weird/unusual and don't mind getting it back.

NONOS!!
I can't have coffee or caffienated teas- not even the decaf kind.
Please nothing cinnamon scented. I can eat products with ground cinnamon in it but am allergic to the cinnamon oil.
I can't wear bracelets due to nerve damage in my arms.
No scented candles please. I live with my mom and she is allergic.

Have a happy holiday!
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

One slight amendment.
No earrings. Most of them give me an allergic reaction.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I'll go next:

Anything will be appreciated:

Love:

Boxes--cigar, wooden, etc--inveterate box collector

choc and mint

Bracelets and necklaces, especially stone and rhinestone

Books, esp. mysteries---(who killed who)

I quilt so any fabric pieces or sewing stuff

I drink both coffee and tea

I don't wear earrings or socks

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I'm in another Secret Santa on another website, so I cheated and copied my other post.  

Beverages:
Coffee: anything in a bag (no keurig pots in this house) caffeinated and not flavored with anything other than coffee. I'll even drink Starbucks, nasty as their dark roasts can be (i.e. burnt). Decaf is not coffee.
Tea: any and all. I'm an equal-opportunity swiller of black, green, white, herbal, etc. My absolute favorite is toasted Japanese green. Least favorite is chamomile, followed by mint ... yick.

Food: anything produced locally to you. I'm a hard core ginger junkie. Not fond of jerky.
Dark chocolate, including unsweetened. Milk is OK. White is cocoa butter that ought to be in hand lotion, but it has sugar in it.

Scented products: smarter not. I only burn candles when the power goes out. I'll use a lotion but not often.

Clothing: I'm allergic to animal fibers and I wear a woman's XL-tall shirt or a 1X-tall. Probably safer not, unless it's a menswear Large or XL t-shirt or something. Cotton knits are OK.

Sports teams: I'm officially a Giants/Mets/UConn Huskies fan. I love anything from minor league teams, little league, high schools etc. Any and all from outside the USA too. British and Euro footie stuff is always a blast.

Cat toys/treats: Genie does love a good dose of kitty ganja (catnip) and eats chicken. She'll condescend to eat turkey on occasion, but Dumbcat doesn't eat fish. I've given her fresh salmon once or twice and she's looked like "what is this smelly yuck?"

Stuff:

Anything you make
Anything your kids/grandkids make

Things local to you - my favorite gifts from a Secret Santa have included a Lake Huron coffee mug and a New Jersey railroad spike. Transportation-related items from your neck of the woods are good too.

My late dad was a hard core rail nut, and train related items (live steam, models, even Lego) tend to want to follow me home.

Busted jewelry, single earrings etc - pieces I can make into other pieces.

Crazy copper jewelry
High karat gold and sterling (a girl can dream, right? )
Screwback, wingback, etc earrings (no holes in my ears ... or nose!)
Anything pre-1980, I'll probably like
Can't wear: pierced earrings, and I often react to plastics other than bakelite. Acrylic gives me problems as often as not.

I am a crafter type too so...

Acid-free paper, glues, books of designs etc - I make cards among my other problems.

Quilting fabrics - mostly cotton (including flannel) any color. I've made scraps into cards that were made from other materials too.

Beads, including any and all busted necklaces. (I can give the plastic stuff away once I've made it. Most of what I make is given away no matter what it is.)
Single earrings, pendants, etc too.

Things to make into other things - any and all.

Books: bilingual cookbooks, newer science fiction, books on jewelry, history, etc.

Music: if you recorded it, I want it. Other than that: anything but pop country. Jazz, blues, rock, contrapuntal etc. I even do opera, especially modern stuff by Somtow Sucharitkul (he's also Science Fiction writer, currently the director of the Royal Thai Opera). I'm a big Steely Dan fan, but I range from the Renaissance to EDM.

Nope, Nyet, please don't waste the postage:
Decaf. White chocolate, turnips, raw tomatoes (probably not a problem)
Wool, cashmere, alpaca, etc
The NY (makes sign of the Cross) Yankees
Candles and other scented items

If the postage looks crazy, make a donation in my name to a local charity and just send me a card with Secret Santa written on the outside so I know not to open it.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I saved my list from last year too. Here goes with minor amendments:

Jewelry misc/bits & pieces/odd stones/single or paired earrings (currently I wear clips or screws)

Tiny trinket boxes

Interesting rocks

Lavender or purple anything

Things with feet (i.e., little dishes, boxes, or imaginary things)

Mystery & non-fiction books -- (please no romance)

I'm sure to love and treasure anything I receive. ❤️

If any of you who participated last year would like a copy of your wish list I can send it to ya.

A.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Here goes:

Any books on antiques or jewelry

chocolate

Any Tea

Broken jewelry

Any kind of bracelet ( just not stretchies)

A cat toy or treat

old holiday postcard

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Forgot to add: Cat things (I still have my ol' gal, plus two 6-month-old  so-called "kittens" haha). Or, simply, cat-themed things.

A.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Great!  Looks like so far..all that have joined have posted their lists!  Thanks all!  

Still time for any late comers to join in!   Santa is ready!!!!!!!

HO HO HO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

santa reindeer.gif

Message 10 of 10
latest reply