cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joaquin

I sincerely hope anyone in the line of this storm will be safe.

Looks like Sarah is going to get a lot of rain.

Marie, are you in the line of this storm?

Hope everyone can check in with us.

TEX
Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Joaquin

Mermaid, how close are you to Sarah? 

TEX
Message 16 of 77
latest reply

Joaquin

You and Sarah have been in my thoughts, mermaid.  A weather event can be exciting - until it becomes serious.  Hunker down, stay safe and keep us posted.  Hope all turns out well for everyone in the affected areas.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 17 of 77
latest reply

Joaquin

Tex , Sarah and I live about 3 hours apart . I think it has lightened up here for a second and is really hitting her area hard now . 

Dream , Thanks ! I do not plan on leaving the house tomorrow . I have plenty of food and water . 

Mermaid

Message 18 of 77
latest reply

Joaquin

Mermaid, I'm praying for you and Sarah and anyone else in the storm path.

Marie, have you made it to CT yet?

TEX
Message 19 of 77
latest reply

Joaquin

Tex , 

Thank you so much . I really appreciate your concern and prayers . Thankfully it looks as if the hurricane will not hit us but we will have to deal with MAJOR FLOODING . I'll make sure to check in over the next couple of days . 

Mermaid

Message 20 of 77
latest reply

Joaquin

Ooh sorry guys Just took a good look at the weather channel I did not realize that even though it's out east it's still causing flooding and stuff Be safe
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 21 of 77
latest reply

Joaquin

Yw, Mermaid.  Yes, please check in.

Geez.... just read about the missing cargo ship. 

TEX
Message 22 of 77
latest reply

Joaquin

Well I can't believe it , I think the sun is trying hard to come out . Although it's still pretty overcast . The yard has several areas of water puddling . There are little lakes in the back yard . I haven't really went out for a drive to investigate if there are any trees down in our area .

The news is reporting areas near the marsh have the roads washed out and not to drive through or you will risk your car stalling out . 

I was was just about to go out and try to take some pictures of the yard , but the rain and wind have picked up AGAIN . Guess I'll just stay put for now . 

Mermaid

Message 23 of 77
latest reply

Joaquin

Don`t be fooled Dana.. These 'bands' of rain are to last all day today thru late tomorrow..they`ll stop/ start/ stop/ start the whole time.   At least my outdoor kitty was able to get down below in the old garage or under the house during a 'stop phase' LOL

Poor gal..acted like she didn`t know what to do earlier..I fixed her a spot on the carport but she`d have no part of it. Even put her a litter box out there in case she couldn`t 'get out' in the rain  lol But she`s ok now..I know where she is..safe & dry

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 24 of 77
latest reply

Joaquin

Bless her little heart . 💗 

I guess I will stay inside after all . It's a good day for that . I have everything I need .

Mermaid 🐳

Message 25 of 77
latest reply

Joaquin

One of my cats went out, took a look at the rain, and came back in. The rain has stopped completely here in CT, but she still hasn't tried to get back out again. I cal feel the hurricane approaching, but we're not supposed to get anything out of it but MS symptoms. (mine)

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 26 of 77
latest reply

Joaquin

agreed evelyb-I 'feel" it in my bones (RA) where 'bouts in CT are you? I'm in East Haven (on the shore)

Message 27 of 77
latest reply

Joaquin

I'm with ya, Evelb & Vern... It must be sympathy pain now tho. ...arthritis...

And I shiver watchin' those folks on the Weather Chanel standin' in knee-deep water 

TEX
Message 28 of 77
latest reply

Joaquin

Thanks for posting, mermaid and Sarah.  Looks like it will be a few days before you're out from under all this.  I don't have any weather related conditions, but my back is still killing me from Wednesday night's Yoga class!  Glad all kittehs are present and accounted for.  I live in PA but only an hour inland from the Jersey Shore, which is getting hammered!  My detecting buds are down there now and reporting in with major good finds.  If I weren't having company tomorrow, I'd be down there myself.  I'll get there sometime this week Smiley Happy.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 29 of 77
latest reply

Joaquin

Survived today...appears Charleston & that area got the worst today..then it broke into several different bands of rain..sparing the rest of us from the double digit totals today.

Round 2 is beginning now to continue thru tomorrow morning. ..but worst case is additional 3-5 inches for my area..South of Columbia  is supposed to get hammered.  The flooding probs will not begin until Mon/Tuesday I gather, once all the water funnels down this way. 

But all is well so far..warm & dry..stayed home & piddled the day away  lol  

Cool  & damp enuff had to drag out some flannel jammies Cat Very Happy

All of us in affected states appreciate all your concern & prayers heart

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 30 of 77
latest reply