cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Spring here yet Wednesday Eye Candy

We just had sleet for the day before Tax Day and some folks in the upper Midwest just had a pile of snow.  Anyone have some hot eye candy to help thaw things out?   Limit of three images per post, and please keep the images smaller to speed loading for those on phones.  No limit on posts.  No stuff from live auctions as usual; let the net nannies chew grass like they're supposed to.

The first one is made of real trade beads of uncertain age and a Ghanaian bronze pendant.  I found them in the same estate sale and strung the ophaned beads with the mask.   Probably never will be on Ebay.  The bracelet is going to be written up this week; it's shell embedded in lucite.  The purse is lucite and rhinestone, and was sold over a year ago.  

Ghanaian bronzeGhanaian bronzelucite and shelllucite and shellLucite purse - long goneLucite purse - long gone

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

This first pin is the one that started me on my ebay journey, so it holds a special place in my heart. I bought it, not even knowing it was gold, found out the signature meant it was Krementz (who I had never heard of,) and sold it for a hefty profit.

Krementz 14k pinKrementz 14k pin

These other two are just some of my favorite finds over the years. I still have the Monet butterfly because it is worth more to me than what anyone seems to be willing to pay for it!Smiley LOL

Hattie Carnegie Turtle PinHattie Carnegie Turtle PinMonet Trembler Butterfly pinMonet Trembler Butterfly pin

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Christine, that is a beautiful Krementz pin!  What a nice first ebay experience!  ev, I do have a fondness for lucite purses.  Let one get away last summer and I still stew about it from time to time.  Here are a few "came and wents".

Florenza:

florenza1.jpg

Love this West German lucite brooch:

germanflowerbrooch5.jpg

Kramer flamer:

kramer2.jpg

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Christine, what a gorgeous Krementz brooch. 

Dream, what an eye popping Kramer brooch. Love it!

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Great pieces!

My sympathy to those not out of the winter blast yet ... but it mus be spring here in Texas because ....

The dragonflies are out.Liztech from 05Liztech from 05Unsigned ArtisanUnsigned ArtisanLee SandsLee Sands

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

The weather's beautiful down here in sunny Louisiana, and y'all who are still getting that wintry stuff have my utmost sympathy.  Somebody needs to Baker Act dear Mother Nature, because she's decidedly off her meds.

Let's add some pretties, shall we?  First we may want to grab a tiger by the tail.

He won't bite, I promise.He won't bite, I promise.
Spring insects are flying here, too.  This specimen is attributed to Tim Yazzie.

Check out that turquoise!Check out that turquoise!

Next, we have butterflies.

A "painted lady" if I ever saw one.A "painted lady" if I ever saw one.

"One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane." ~Nicola Tesla
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

There's still more butterflies.  This one is Judith Leiber for Neiman Marcus.

IMG_3744.JPG

Then there's this...Thing.  I have no clue what it is or how old it is, so if anyone has info on the daddy, I'd love to know.

Yes, it's strange.  And big.Yes, it's strange. And big.

Finally, we all need some flowers, right?

Caviar wishes and reverse carved Lucite dreams.Caviar wishes and reverse carved Lucite dreams.

"One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane." ~Nicola Tesla
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Mother Nature and Father Time.jpg

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Yeah, that would explain a lot.  Men never ask for directions.

We has snow flurries yesterday.  The day before that we had 40+mph that bent down half of my daffodils that were brave or foolhardy enough to come up.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Yesterday I was in Sedona AZ wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Today I am home on Cape Cod wearing  jeans, a turtleneck and a coat! Can it really almost be May?????

Anyway, here are a few goodies...

Silver Filigree PinSilver Filigree PinVictorian Sash PinVictorian Sash PinAlpaca Belt Buckle with Glass StonesAlpaca Belt Buckle with Glass Stones

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@thirry wrote:

He was texting and they got pulled over into the bargain!

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@evelyb30 wrote:

@thirry wrote:

He was texting and they got pulled over into the bargain!

This only convinces me that I married Father Time.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Hi Marie!

FendiFendi

1897 Firemans Carnival Sweetheart pin1897 Firemans Carnival Sweetheart pin

JomazJomaz

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Hi Cleio, how’s it going?

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Here's a totally different type of eye candy.  I bought a random assortment of daffodils last fall and planted them.  These are some of the ones that got blown down by the wind the other day.  Isn't that fancy double one to die for?

P1110661.JPG

Message 15 of 19
latest reply