cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irma help, please

A friend as already put this on FB, but for those who may have missed it, or don't get FB, we're trying to help a mutual friend locate a 103 year old grandmother who was probaly evacuated from Marco Island.  Does anyone know of a datna base of who was sent where.  She was right on the water and we're hoping someone has some ideas,  Thanks for any help either here or on FB

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Irma help, please

Maybe the Red Cross has an evacuees list?
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Irma help, please

Apparently only if the evacuee aonraxts them and asks to be listed, but we're still tryina.  Thanks for the suggestion

Kay
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Irma help, please

Maybe her church?
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Irma help, please

Thank you,  I'm passing all

these on on to the one collecting them,  It just hurts to think of a lost 103 year old. so any ifesd are appreciates,

Kay
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Irma help, please

I hope they've called their local police department t already
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Irma help, please

They've done that and they have got the number of the on the lady who looks after her during the day.   NO answer at either, sut she doesn't always answer the phone,  She is hard headed so she may try to get home.  She is hard headed and try to get home is she can, so lots of people trying,  Any ideas gratefulle received.

Kay
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Irma help, please

How about calling all of the area hospitals?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Irma help, please

Prettu sure they did, but will double check

Kay
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Irma help, please

For ideas on what else you can do, the two Facebook Groups mentioned here might be the easiest to approach, and the members there might have some very useful suggestions.  

102 members · 31 active posts
"I have built a group specifically for missing persons with pictures and information as it is difficult scrolling through many of the other VERY Informative groups. Howe..."

5 members · 1 active post
" Helping to find Missing Persons. Identifying Recovered Persons."

Collier County Sheriff's FB page -- people talking with each other about the after-effects of the storm

If she got separated from people who were with her, someone who was assisting her later might have thought a facility for the elderly would be the place for her to go. There must be  lots of nursing homes/assisted living facilities in the area. Calling around to the ones you can find might be an idea.  You could ask them if they know of any other facilities that took in evacuees. 

The Disaster Distress Help Line can probably offer practical suggestions.

https://www.usa.gov/hurricane-irma

"Find help if you're feeling distressed. You can talk to a professional who can help you cope with emotional distress from the storm by calling the Disaster Distress Help Line at 1-800-985-5990 or texting TalkWithUs to 66746."

Collier County Sheriff's Office   @CollierSheriff

http://www.colliersheriff.org/news/emergency-homepage-copy

CCSO EMERGENCY HOMEPAGE - Storm Central | Collier County, FL ...    

Collier Information Hotline 239-252-8444 or 311 ... Collier County Sheriff's Office 3319 Tamiami Trail East, Bldg. J, Naples, FL 34112 | (239) 774-4434. Site Map ...

How about the fire department?

Mike Murphy, Chief   -- David Batiato, Deputy Chief  -- Mary Husted, Administrative Assistant

Address: 1280 San Marco Road    Marco Island, FL 34145 

Phone: 239-389-5040   Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm

Red Cross Safe and Well form -- ((register yourself so that if she (or someone taking care of her) is looking for you she can find you.))

https://safeandwell.communityos.org/zf/safesearch/search

Collier County Emergency Contacts:
Emergency Hotline

311 or 239-252-8444

Sheriff239-252-9300
Marco Island Police        239-389-5050
City of Naples Emergency Services239-213-4844
City of Naples Police239-213-4844
AMERICAN RED CROSS 239-596-6868
HOSPITALS
Naples Community Hospital239-436-5000
North Collier Health Center (24 hours)239-552-7000
Physicians Regional Medical Center - Pine Ridge Road239-348-4000
Physicians Regional Medical Center - Collier Boulevard239-354-6000

Please keep us in the loop with all this.  I'd like to know when they locate her.

After trying to post I got this message:
"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."
I'm not sure what was changed.  I hope nothing vital has been deleted.)

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Irma help, please

thank you. those have been forwarded on.  will report

Kay
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Irma help, please

Update - the lady has been found safe.  Info is still coming in bits, but  wonderful lady from Marco island Patriots went and took pictures.  You Tube videoshad made it appear thar the roof was gone, and that was confirmed.  The house will e torn down and sold.  Shortly before that, the woman was confirmed to be staying in a hotel and she will probably stay there for the time being,  There is literfally nothing insife but some kitchen chairs.

Thank you all so much for your concern and suggestions and links.  It was frustratjnd

and your help nade a diffwrencw

Kay
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Irma help, please

I saw the pictures Kay.  This is very, very sad.  The one bright spot is the lady was found and is OK.  My heart breaks for her loss.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Irma help, please

Awwwww I'm sorry to hear she lost her home , but so happy to know she has been found . Hurricanes can be a real @$X&# ! Thanks for the update . 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 14 of 14
latest reply