cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID please on two piece enameled ?? bracelet and naecklace ?

good morning  !  any  info on  this  2  piece  set   found  with other   40's  and 50's  jewelry....

is  it  enameled  or  just  painted  ...or  what  ..?

thanks    for any info  ......circa   ..... name ..... maker .....  where   to find comparable  set on internet?

thanks 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hello ,

Very pretty set . Love the details .

I don't see where it is painted or enameled . Are the sets of 3 black dots painted ? Looks like man made stones are bezel set . The lobster clasp and bright gold setting look very modern to me . 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yes, lobster claw clasps are no earlier than early 90s (unless, of course, the clasp is a replacement which yours doesn't look like). There's a very good blog article about lobster claws that I'll try to remember to look up when I'm home instead of in the car.

flotsamlogo
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hey, I remembered! http://junkboxtreasures.com/blog/the-lobster-claw/ is the link - with information about when lobster clasps were patented. This is a great blog for all kinds of vintage jewelry information. Of course, always check to see that the finish on the clasp matches the rest of the findings and the attaching jump ring hasn't been spread and retightened, which would indicate a replaced clasp.

flotsamlogo
Message 4 of 4
latest reply