cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I might wear this yardsaling

Stumbled across this at the bottom of an ebay listing page.  Sold by Sears, no less.  I know they're just throwing out names, but thought it was funny!

gotjuliana.jpg

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I would so wear that

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Oh yeah , LOVE it ! We all need one of those . I wonder if they would give us a group rate ?

Mermaid 🐳

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

We could expand on this...

Got Weiss?

Got Schiaparelli?

We could go on and on... I love it!

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I don't want to sound like negative Nancy but I am seeing a lot of eBay print outs at sales. I was looking at a pretty sewing box. It was a bit tattered.  I openened it up and found a print out from an eBay listing . The lady says, " it's selling on eBay for xxx  $ so my price is really a deal". Her print out was a buy it now listing, with a ridiculous price nobody would pay. I started to explain but just smiled and walked away.  Who am I to burst her bubble?  Another lady had a eBay print out on a set of China. The seller thought her dishes were worth more than they actually were. Let her pack and ship them! Between eBay, storage wars and American pickers, everyone thinks they stuff is priceless.  You wear that shirt to sales and you just might find your cost going up.  

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

eBay prices fluctuate so MUCH! I generally turn potential customers away that think eBay's the way to go. I often recommend they sell those particular items on eBay and see for themselves. I tell them to research it, describe it, list it, safely package it, and hope it arrives safely and doesn't get returned or damaged in any way.

It's a very lazy thing to do, simply checking eBay and taking it what people find at face value.

So much goes into selling here...
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I tell people to go to the right of the page and click on sold listings.  Then look at the most current items that sold.  That gives you an idea of what something may sell for.  Also did the seller give free shipping.  Better factor that in the sold price too.  Also how about condition and does the seller offer returns!!!! 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Even Sold prices aren't an accurate measure since that order has been filled. Prices fluctuate too much.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

So many thrifts are now printing out BIN's from Ebay and putting them with their jewelry.  I am not as nice as takingbackmycloset, I tell them up front, when you start this stuff is when you lose my sales.  Anyone can slap a huge price on anthing on BIN.

A good example of this is a jewelry store here in FL.  The owner has a nice lot of vintage, she did the same with her pieces.  I told her about it and she got furious, so I laughed and walked out.  Two years have passed and she still has it but doesn't remember me, so I asked the price again and it has dropped $200 since then but still too high.

Carolynheart

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I hate going to yard sales where they do this ! I say " I could put ( and grab the nearest piece of junk ) this on sale on eBay for $500 , doesn't mean I'll get it " " what did it actually sell for on eBay ? " I have not seen any in the thrifts here yet but I have heard them say it quite a bit . It's so annoying . 

I heard this the other day . " I want you to teach me how to sell on eBay , I've heard it's so easy . "  to which I replied " who told you that ? It's really hard , there is a lot that factors into it ." 

We we could wear the shirts and not mention what it is . Just keep it our little secret . 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Most of them wouldn't know a piece of Juliana if it bit them on the **bleep**! lol

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I've had this exact same talk with so many estate sale runners!  While "sold" values may not be perfect, they're a whole lot closer to the truth than the BIN prices.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply