cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Sell Collection Advice: Complete Razza Zodiac collection.

I used to sell alot of jewelry on eBay, like 10 years ago, but I'm not familiar with the market here anymore. A situation has come up, litterally overnight, where I need to sell some things quickly. I have a complete collection of the old Razza Zodiac necklaces in goldtone and ivory colored plastic, plus extras like brooches, rings, and some pins. I hate to part with these but it's an emergency. Question: Do I have a snowballs-chance-in-hell of selling all this as a 'lot', or do I have to break it down ? I'd really rather sell it all together and get the heartbreak over with quickly even if it brings only a wholesale price. Is there even a market for this kitchy stuff still? Thanks in advance for your help. I'm going to try to sleep for a couple of hours. Back this afternoon.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I just searched completeds for the Razza lion and was surprised that these are not selling for  more - one only got 99 cents.  At the same time, an unsigned one sold for $50, so go figure!  Nobody was selling sets and my guess woulld be that the set may not be the way to go.  Possibly check one of the other sales sites-I didn't check the other signs,but selling them for less  than $10 each certainly won't help you much

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I'm so sorry to read this, 3pugsvintage. I sincerely hope your jewelry sale will do well.

Besides the Razza, what are the other pieces you mentioned?

TEX
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Do your Zodiac pieces have chains?

TEX
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for trying to help. Yes, all the necklaces have chains. There are multiples of Taurus and  Scorpio. Also Taurus brooches, and a strange Capricorn chained double brooch. The Sagittarius necklace might not be complete but I've never seen another one so I'm not sure. I think I've even got a Taurus ring somewhere.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I'm sure I'm going to have to dip further into some of my older stuff, but right now I'm not thinking straight and the only thing that comes to mind is the Razza. Tomorrow I'll be in better shape and will look further. Thanks again for the support.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

L Razza Zodiac jewelry seems to have sold really well: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=razza%20zodiac&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&... i would definitely sell by the piece you will get a whole lot more. Take a breath, take some pics, and give yourself a reasonable timeline to get things listed. Trying to do things too quickly and in a panic never works out well Smiley Sad Best of luck!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Most  of the ones with the chains sold in the $30 - 40 range with a few higher and lower.

Make sure you put the word Zodiac in your listing.

I'm not an expert and have no idea what would work out better but

I would probably try to sell as a complete set. 

I hope you feel better in the morning.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions.

Hopefully we can help.

TEX
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thanks,Clearsphere. You're right about that. I am in a panic.It would sure be easier on me to sell it in one lot, but I think I need to piece it out as you suggest. I'm just going to go back to bed and hope my sanity starts to return. I love my joolies but there are things I love alot more. Thanks again for your support and the good advice.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Figure out how much you want for each item, then list as a buy it now. I usually price things at the average sold price, if there are none-then I'll price it at the higher end; with the thought that I can always take less later on Smiley Wink You can add the best offer option too, may sell quicker if buyers can get it for a little less than asking price.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

A few years ago, the lion was selling around $90-150 depending on condition. Sigh. How bad it has gotten! I didn't even know the lion was part of a zodiac set. I don't think I've seen any of the others except the bull, and didn't put 2+2 together! The chains often seem to be missing, and the finish is usually rubbed off. I got a decent one a couple of years ago for $3 because the cartouche had come off, and the seller listed it as "unmarked". She sold a lot of low end stuff, and I lucked out that no one else seemed to know what it was. Or not, if the price has come down so much.

Razza is collectible, but not sure if you would get as much with the set as sold separately. Tough call, especially if you don't have time to try high-ending the set to see if you get any bites, and, if not, breaking it down. It seems that lots are only selling high if there are marked rhinestone jools. And not even some of those. It's pot luck. I'd probably go BIN and OBO.

Good luck, and hope things turn around for you quickly!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply