cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How old would you say this is? Weird construction ruby/pearl pendant

new 003.JPGnew 004.JPGnew 005.JPGnew 006.JPG

I can't recall seeing anything I've had constructed like this  Any ideas on age, origin, kw's, etc would greatly be appreciated  The little pearls appear to be real and the cabs tested as Ruby on the Presidium   Not marked for metal content but tested as some form of silver  (still don't know how to tell sterling or purity with acid)  Kinda cool looking  TYIA 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I kindof reminds me of austro-hungarian jewelry, but I dont know if they used that type of pearl chain as a drop. Tne answer was probably somewhere else on the necklace.

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

It had a married 14k chain on it I've never really seen anything like this
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

With the dangle chains this looks tribal to me. Maybe South Asian? I have seen those pearls in Indian Jewelry.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hmm I hadn't thought of that

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I was going to say Indian too.  I've seen that kind of seed pearl work on Indian jewelry too. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

ty

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I don't know, it may just be me but I would have the metal and stones checked, just in case.

If you don't have anyone who can do that I could do it. You would send it to me, I would check it and send it back the same day. I have done that for other boardies. If you feel comfortable having me test it message me and I will send you my mailing info Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I am more than comfortable with you checking it but I do have the presidium Is that what you have? ty

Message 9 of 9
latest reply