cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hermes Bracelet - Can you tell if this is real?

This Hermes bracelet is at a local auction house for a sale this Saturday.    This auction house gets estates from the County Administrator, and they do not authenticate items prior to sale (one auction house in town does).    I have gotten extreme bargains from them in the past on authentic items, and I have also purchased some fakes, which I just keep for myself.   This is the only photo they have of the bracelet, and where I realize that no one will be able to tell me if it's authentic from one photo, I wondered if there is anything about what you can see that makes it stand out as a fake?    I will be previewing the item in person tomorrow before the sale.  What should I look for to authenticate?     Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I can't tell you if this is fake or not, but in a very short and quick foray on google have found this bracelet on a few sites listed as "Hot new Women's Hermes Bracelet Gift in many colors" for as little as  $10, with many hundreds having been sold, so this is something to bear in mind when deciding on whether to bid on this at the upcoming auction ....

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I operate on the principle that all designer jewelry is fake until proven otherwise.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I previewed today, it's definitely a fake.  Lightweight and no "Made in Austria" mark on the inside.   Thanks for the assistance, as I did find the identical ones when I googled "hot new hermes bracelet", selling for $10.   It's a shame that so many fakes are out there.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply