cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with bead (agate? necklace ID and keywords please!

Would this whole necklace be agate? Help with keywords? The beads are huge and it's very heavy - should I list a weight with it? Would it be ethnic?

Please and thank you!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

*bumping*

Anyone?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

All look like types of Agate to me. Banded, Blue Lace (maybe,) Bloodstone and Carnelian plus others.

Not sure the weight would help but the sizes of the beads might. Maybe a range in mm.

Edit: End caps look older and hand made. Do you think you could test the metal? If so and turns out to be low karat gold or silver this might be a (Scottish) Pebble Necklace.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The clasp is 80s Indian though.  I think the whole necklace might be; these random agate necklaces were popular then in many variations.  Dollars to donuts this is one of them.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@evelyb30 wrote:

The clasp is 80s Indian though.  I think the whole necklace might be; these random agate necklaces were popular then in many variations.  Dollars to donuts this is one of them.

I see it now. It was the shape of the Bead Caps that got me thinking older.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The caps are definitely base metal but it's a gorgeous necklace and very heavy.  I appreciate you two! I haven't decided to list it or not - I'll never wear it but I love looking at it!

TY

Message 6 of 6
latest reply