cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with 80s/90s sterling mark and stone

Hi and thanks for helping out. I have an 80s or nineties necklace with what looks like faux tourmaline gems. It is marked with an initial in script which I believe to be a J, L or G and 925. I'd like to track down a replacement for one of the stones. Does anyone kniw either thr maker or thr name of this color glass?  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Those are mystic topaz, one of my favorite stones. They are topaz with a color changing coating put on to the backs. Beautiful necklace! Sorry I can't help with the mark.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

They are REAL topaz, usually the colorless type that is so plentiful, and are put in a gas chamber that causes the multicolor effect.  LOTS of work goes into making them (nope not natural) but they are so gorgeous!  They always get snapped up when I sell them.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks so much! That is so helpful. Found a replacement stone for it 🙂
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Still curious about the mark.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I never knew that, thanks @rixstuff I always thought it was just a coating on the backside. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It kind of looks like Carolyn Pollack … but not quite.  It might be a miss strike.  Worth checking out.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Looked like a cursive G to me.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply