cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help ID this Red Bezel Glass necklace with Enamel Leaves? Nouveau? Deco? Victorian? Czech?

Hello! I tried the other board with Antique Jewelry, but got no reply 😞 Hope someone here will be able to help with this lovely piece 🙂
I believe it is Czech, Brass, and Art Nouveau in Design? Has an old Spring Ring Clasp, which is why I think it might be from the 30's? Earlier? Later? And what style of Enamel are the "flowers" - Cloisonne? Are these stones considered "Octagon" or "Emerald" cut? Seem rather unique? I appreciate anything you can tell me, as I do intend to list it. Thank you! 
Red Glass Leaf Choker Boards 001.jpgRed Glass Leaf Choker Boards 002.jpgRed Glass Leaf Choker Boards 003.jpg

Curious Minds want to Know
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Help ID this Red Bezel Glass necklace with Enamel Leaves? Nouveau? Deco? Victorian? Czech?

My guess is Czech enamel dot and leaf design, maybe from the 30's. Red usually does very well.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Hallelujah! Someone Cares! 🙂 Thank you SO much! So is that Cloisonne enamel? Appreciate your help!

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

No, cloisonné is when you have more than one color and the colors are separated from each other by little walls of metal 🙂
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Sorry for more questions, but just found the name Max Neiger? Do you think this might be one of his pieces? Wouldn't THAT be nice! 🙂 Thanks again!
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Oh, thank you for the clarification! I need all the help I can get! 🙂 And just posted another question on whether this might be a "max neiger" piece? Seems he used the dot & leaf design a lot in the 1920's. So much to learn! Thank you again!

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Alot of people attribute the dot and leaf design to Neiger but that has never been proven. I would just call it the Dot and Leaf design because some collect just that type but I wouldn't attribute it to Neiger.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Okay, that works for me! What GORGEOUS designs they created! Thanks so much again! 🙂
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

You're welcome. Use 'red glass and dot and leaf' somewhere in your title and it should sell well.

Good luck.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

The enamel is closer to champleve which looks similar to cloisonne but it made from a solid metal with hollow areas that are filled with enamel.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Thank you! I will!! Happy Sales to you! 🙂
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Oh, another bit of info! I, too, was wondering about the "shimmer" the enamel seems to have, but it's all so confusing to sort it all out! 🙂

Thank you! 🙂

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Your rhinestones are what I would call emerald cut bezel or caged set.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

The shimmer is from the nature of the metal behind the enamel. I love these older enamel pieces because of this quality.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Sorry, didn't see these last posts! Thanks so much! Very Helpful Info! My brain is almost full! 🙂

Message 15 of 15
latest reply